Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+9
rich40s
second nature
Budd Denny
thunder struck
HOLLABACK
Masshole
coydawg39
meguide01
blue_ridge
13 posters

MTHA-new topic

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty MTHA

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

Tim;
    I'll meet up with you down to Augusta Monday.

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty Re: MTHA-new topic

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:07 pm

thanks Bill

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for your support Dave "thunder struck"
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty Maine Tree Hound Assn.

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Members;
    This is a topic thats been circulating on other sites about the name of the MTHA.Not trying to reinvent the wheel,but they bring up a valid point.If were looking for memberships we need to cover all dog folks.One suggestion was MDHA(Maine Dog Hunters Assn).This will surely help the beaglers,bird dog fanciers,running dog folks,also want to join.We all need to be a part of a group as a whole so the name should be a umbrella name as well.Just my 2 cents worth.
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Male Posts : 782
    Job/hobbies : hounds

Post  Budd Denny Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 pm

That's what the Minnesota Trail Hound Ass. is try to do, we are supporting all sporting dog fanciers. When the state put a season on coon here the Coonhunters Ass. got busy and got a coon hound training season but kind of dropped the ball on the rest of the dog hunters. The MTHA is pushing to get a bird, bobcat, rabbit, fox, squirrel and anything else that can be pursed with dogs a training season.
    Also a bill we are trying to get changed is the dog shooting bill that allows anyone observing a dog pursuing big game to shoot your dog.
    We also have a dog shooting fund to help those that have there hunting dogs shot to obtain legal assistance.
    I applaud you fellas for stepping up!!!

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:47 am

Someone needs to take a look at the charter that formed the MTHA, it may be easy but My guess is the paper work going to have the MTHA name, which would mean starting all the paper work over,?, which from my understanding is a lot of work and time?

Is there a bird dog assn in the state today? what dose the ruffed grouse society do for bird dog hunters?
    There is a bit of a difference between bird dog hunting and hound hunting, difference in there goals for the sport, species hunted, and general mind set.

-To each there own but would bird dog hunters be a good fit? or would it cause conflicts in the assn as to where the time effort and money is spent.

Our actions can speak louder than our names, putting on a rabbit hunts and coyote hunts would show our support as a assn to this hunters and yes I do think they belong.
    I would think the MTHA would become part of the Maine Outdoor Federation which puts us together with all sportsman in the state.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 am

All great points!Like I said not trying to reinvent the wheel just throwing some others concerns up here.I fully understand the paperwork hassel,and can understand the leg work involved.Maybe Maine Trail Hound assn.MTHA will still apply.Does'nt make any difference to me,I'm still a member!Just a suggestion????The name is the least of our worries.Just have to focus on task at hand.We also need to clearly print somewhere the price of membership.On the Big Game Houndsmen site it states $5.00.On here it states $25.Also we need to clearly state where to send Membership dues.My phone has been ringing all day long trying to exsplain the issues I've discussed.
    second nature
    second nature

Male Posts : 350
    Job/hobbies : Taxidermist /guide

Post  second nature Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:21 am

I am a little confused. I have seen posts on this site and others saying different things. I am not on here to bash anyone but i'm going to add my 2 cents on a few things. I have seen posts saying there are no more booths and we don't have one and another post saying we do ???? The other is membership dues. I've seen posts saying 5.00 and now 25.00 ??? Can someone clear this up for me and anyone one else who might be wondering the same thing. I have made some phone calls and still don't have these answers. I would think in this economy that it would make more sense to get the member #'s up with a lower membership fee (don't know if that is possible or not ) but simple math tells me that a hundred + members say at 15.00 each is better anyway you look at it than 50 at 25.00. This is just my opinion in no way is meant to offend anyone. Thanks, Larry

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:36 am

when I first asked on Thur. they said they did not have space, Harry called at 430 on Friday and said he did have a space if we wanted it. so I asked if we did and if we could get donations to pay for it-$410 as the assn dose not have any $. I think we have raised $300, and quite a few have said they will join I think the dues are $25 which is right around what most assn dues are.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 am

Downeast Houndsmen assn.will be donating $100. as well.I'll bring it with us to the Meeting Monday in Augusta.That will help with the cost of the booth.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 am

I think what needs to happen is to get as many people together as soon as possible and iron many things out. I had mention to Tim that it may be a good time after the legislative work session tomorrow to get a bunch together as there will be some from all over, not sure where we could go in the Augusta area but maybe someone can point us to a place tomorrow.

But a spring meeting say 3-4 weeks off at a central location in the state where everyone could meet and talk about what needs to be done, get people in charge who are going to keep this assn going and put in place some directors from around the state. Decide what this assn going to do going forward, if events get someone in charge of events, shows get someone in charge of shows, we will need some sort of fund raising and will need someone to help out there, This would be the place to figure out what the dues are, not sure what they have been but this should be a member decision not just one person. This can't be run by 1 or 2 guys in 1 part of the state as it will not last.

This would be appropriate i guess for a new thread.
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:00 am

To all involved I cannot be there tommorow but do feel we need to be focused as a group and to possibly help with this restart of this association possibly post a suggestion box to create an agenda for future meeting and let the voice be heard and take these suggestions as advice for what future members and the current members see as issues. The questions and views of everyone is important and should be listened to. As with any groupthere will be many thoughts, ideas, and issues ( hopefully members). There will deffinately be leadership roles and people needed beyond them to create a successfull association and to work through the challenges ahead, as well as enjoy the kinship this group should have. I also think that the concerns and issues this group will be challenged withreaches far beyond the borders of Maine, and members from out of state could be a major success for this association, as many hound hunters from all over come here and our group will help allow them that priveledge in the future. As hound hunters our voice can become much bigger than we even may think as strength will come with membership numbers and very focused direction can increase this quickly . We are moving in the right direction lets keep it going. Randy
    second nature
    second nature

Post  second nature Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 am

swilcox wrote:when I first asked on Thur. they said they did not have space, Harry called at 430 on Friday and said he did have a space if we wanted it. so I asked if we did and if we could get donations to pay for it-$410 as the assn dose not have any $. I think we have raised $300, and quite a few have said they will join I think the dues are $25 which is right around what most assn dues are.

I AM JOINING AND BRINGING A FEW MORE WITH ME TOMORROW I HAVE TALKED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND HERE AND CAN GET MORE TO JOIN UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL THEM THE PRICE IS TO BECOME A MEMBER. I KNOW 25 IS WHAT A LOT OF GROUPS CHARGE BUT ARE THERE MEMBERSHIPS ON THE RISE OR DROPPING ?

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 am

i don't know where the $5 dollars came from but i collected 6 memberships today for a total of $250 with Richard Sanborn donating $100 i'd like to thank all for supporting the MTHA ,...TIM
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:59 am

To all members;
    Great start to this club.Lets enjoy what were doing and all else will fall into place.Were all focused on the right path,to lead this club to it's full potential.Fellow dog folks always have what it takes to make things happen and it shows.Everyone involved derserves a Thank-you!Our goal is definately do-able.Memberships and donations will allow this club to fight for all our rights and get the ball roll'n for future endevors.Great work to all involved.Lets keep it going and show all the organizations that are trying to destroy our great sport that now they have to go through us!Talk with everyone you know and exsplain to them the importance of being a member.GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty hats off to Tim

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

I think it's great to get the MTHA back up and runing. I do think before there is a big membership drive, those memebers left should get togather and elect some officers, and decide on dues, shows ect. I don't think Norm has the right to appoint a president, or any other officer. and I feel that for the president or any other single member to set dues, plan shows or make any other decisions on there own is a poor way to start out. You can see where it got us in the past. I don't see anything wrong with $25.00 dues, but before I pay dues I want to know who the officers are and who is accountable for the money. again my hats off to Tim, and I hope everything falls into place. But nither Norm or Tim should appoint or declare the President

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 am

Hello beavercove, (Earl)
    This is Teah.. Im Tims wife.You know me! For your information and ANYONE else that wants to know. Because if your questioning about the money I can only assume what everyone else is thinking..I have been dealing and helping with the secretary and treasure spot for right now!! When Tim found out that The Tree Hound Assn. has gone down the frigen hole, he took his time and consideration to TRY to get it back up and running!! For the past week he has recruited over 20+ new members and have RAISED over $1150.00..We have had a GREAT MANY OF VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE WHO HAS DONATED $100.00 as well..Tim has been on the phone day in and day out talking to people . Has traveled all around to collect dues. Picked up a dog box for the raffle that is going to be at the Maine Sportsman Show, that I might add was donated from Clay Trenton Kingfield Club.A very special thanks to YOU!! There hasnt been nothing that Tim hasnt posted on here on what is going on ..Every MEMBER has received a receipt for there dues! Everyone has been kept in FULL aknowledge of whats up!! I think that he has done a VERY GOOD JOB OF WHAT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED IN A WEEK!! And it hasnt been all him either..There has been a great deal of members helping him out through the whole thing.. I have been keeping track of all paper work..etc...The M.T.H.A. is having a meeting Sat. @ 2pm at the Maine Sportman Show as it has been posted several times to appoint NEW OFFICERS..Which is EVERYONES decision.. That is not Tims decision..Tim told me that they met at the parking lot in McDonalds to set that meeting up..As for the membership dues being $25.00 if anyone else has a problem with that then take it up at the meeting!!! I'm very dissapointed ..Tim is 1 man! I know that he has put his heart and sole in keeping this running and it seems like it was for nothing!! Its to bad that there is so much negativety..Just my two sense..I hope you do consider in joining the M.T.H.A. Earl.. Thanks Teah~ Mad AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I CANT WAIT TILL YOU GUYS ELECT NEW OFFICERS..
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty Tree Garth

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 am

If it was'nt for Tim stepping up and take'n the lead we'd still be standing on our heads.I'm thankful for all he's done and appreciate all his efforts.He's take'n a club from nothing to something.Looks like it's off to a great start to me.
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Post  rich40s Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm

yes glad u started it back up tim thanks rich
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Male Posts : 782
    Job/hobbies : hounds

Post  Budd Denny Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:44 pm

Tim, your a good man for stepping up. Just remember you will be able to please most of the membership most of the time but not all of the membership all the time. If others think they can do better than by all means step up and become a ACTIVE member.
    second nature
    second nature

Post  second nature Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 pm

WHAT BUD SAID X2 THANKS TIM

MTHA-new topic - Page 2 Empty missunderstood

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 pm

In my last post I started by saying hats off to Tim. I think he has done alot in a short time. I have told him he has my support. I was only stating that one man can not do it all. I think Tim would make a good President. when Tim called me he said Norm had given the position. I only said I thought that the appointment of officers should be a decision for the membership to make. If that offended someone i'm sorry. As for dues I said I saw nothing wrong with $25.00.
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Post  rich40s Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 am

if norm steps down and says someone else can do it they still have to vote next guy in rich
    mike cross

Post  mike cross Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 am

can you post state reps contact info on here so we can call them on these issues.i know its different all over the state.thanks
    Hunter
    Hunter

Male Posts : 421
    Job/hobbies : MM at TI /My Family and Hunting

Post  Hunter Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 am

I interested in joining after speaking to Ken Martineau and have a few others in the area
    that I believe will also .

Chris

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:59 am