Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+9
rich40s
second nature
Budd Denny
thunder struck
HOLLABACK
Masshole
coydawg39
meguide01
blue_ridge
13 posters

MTHA-new topic

MTHA-new topic Empty MTHA-new topic

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 am

i think this is a good idea. like to see info on membership, and events, where they plan on having there booth like the Augusta sportsman show

MTHA-new topic Empty Re: MTHA-new topic

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:02 am

WELL STEVE ITS LIKE THIS, NORM SAID THEIRS ONLY $4.12 IN THE MTHA ACCOUNT AND HE COULDN'T AFFORD TO RENT A BOOTH @ THE MAINE SPORTMAN SHOW THAT COSTS $400. SO ON APRIL 1ST HE'S RESIGNING FROM HIS POSITION AS PRESIDENT AND HAS OFFERED IT TO ME. SO IF I DECIDE TO TAKE OVER FOR NORM I'M GOING TO NEED EVERYBODYS HELP! I TRYED TO GET ALL THE INFO.ON MEMBERS BUT NORMS PRINTER WASN'T WORKING,SO I SPENT A GOOD PART OF TODAY HAND WRITTING ALL THE INFO. FROM WHAT NORMS TELLING ME I'M PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE TO ELECT A WHOLE NEW COMMITTEE, SO WHEN I FIND OUT MORE I WILL POST IT FOR ALL..AS FAR AS THE MTHA EVENTS GOES. NORM HAS CANCELLED ALL EVENTS DO TO THE COSTS OF RENTING THE BUILDINGS,AND NOT HAVING ENOUGH HOUNDSMEN COMING TO THE EVENTS TO COVER IT! SO WHAT I'M TRYING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IS THAT THE MTHA WILL BE STARTING ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH. THAT MEANS WHO EVER WANTS TO JOIN AND BE A MEMBER PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THE BASICS THAT I WILL NEED FROM ANYONE WHO IS INTRESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER IS YOUR NAME,ADDRESSES,E-MAILS, PHONE NUMBERS,ECT. THANKS TIM 207 657-7991 cheapet69@yahoo.com
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:06 am

count me in tim!!!!!! is that the email you want all the info sent to????? ill do everything i can to help!!!!!! i think we all should.

corey

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 am

Yes, Corey that is the e-mail address that you can send info. to..Thanks for ur support

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 am

I forgot to mention, the membership dues will be $25 annually..Thanks
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 am

I am deffinately in with both feet already jumped. Thanks Tim for your continued ambition to keep this sport going. Randy

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 am

not sure what I did here but just tryied to post and it did not show up??
    so may this will be up twice?

I am sorry to hear the assn has fallen like this,
    I assume membership is the key here, dose the assn still have a booth? can anyone think of a company that might support the MTHA by paying for a booth space? or evening paying half? this I assume would be a tax write off. Is there still a spot that can be had at the show? can we come up with guys to man it?

I will do what ever I can to help

Is it possible to put a membership form up on this site that can be downloaded and printed? i sure we can as a pdf file?

MTHA-new topic Empty what is this

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:14 am

Hey Tim, what is the mtha? what does this association do?What kind of events are there?What kind of events? I am interested but would like to know my membership dues are going to a active association not a dead cause. Tim either write back or give me a call you got my number. chris.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:09 am

blue_bawlin wrote:count me in tim!!!!!! is that the email you want all the info sent to????? ill do everything i can to help!!!!!! i think we all should.

corey

THANKS FOR UR SUPPORT COREY

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 am

witchman wrote:Hey Tim, what is the mtha? what does this association do?What kind of events are there?What kind of events? I am interested but would like to know my membership dues are going to a active association not a dead cause. Tim either write back or give me a call you got my number. chris.

I am not tim but the number 1 thing they need to do would be to represent you in augusta when bills come up that is going to limit you ability to go out hunting. the guides assn and the maine trappers were there on monday, along with others, but you can bet if it was just a coondog hunting issue not as many guides would have shown up or trappers. you have bills coming up right off that could cut 2 weeks off the beginning of bear season - 2 different bills, the guides assn has many members who do not run dogs and feel this is ok, others don't because they do run dogs. there is also a bill to stop the training of dogs 7 days before the start of bait season. I know the guides are going to be there, but don't you think this would be the place for the MTHA? It not just hunting issues also it breeding issues and selling pups, kennel issues, being allowed to have dogs in a back of a truck, the list goes on and on and much of it has been before the legislators in the past and will be back again. I feel if all they can accomplish is informing there members when stuff like this is going on, and be there to represent them while most are at work it is well worth the 25$ a year. I also realize that they have to have at lest a few events per year just to keep membership up and the guys involved, in the past they did have some hunts.-Steve

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 am

THANKS TO meguide01,swilcox,blue_bawlin,nhhoundsman... I CANT WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU ITS GOOD TO HAVE ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

WITCHMAN: TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS..1. THE MAINE TREE HOUND ASSOCIATION IS A NON-PROFIT, SPORTING ASSOCIATION
    2. THE OBJECT OF THIS ASSN. IS TO PROMOTE GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND HUNTING ETHICS AND TO IMPROVE ALL BREEDS.. THEIR ACTIONS IN THE WOODS AND AT FIELD TRIALS, AND TO PROVIDE INSTRUCTION ON ALL BREEDS.THE MAJOR REASON FOR JOINING THE MTHA IS TO SUPPORT THE SPORT THAT WE ALL ENJOY SO MUCH!!
    3. WELL THERE IS UKC EVENTS THAT CAN BE HELD. SUCH AS FIELD TRIALS, WATER RACES, BENCH SHOWS,AND NIGHT HUNTS..
    4. (QOUTE)I am interested but would like to know my membership dues are going to a active association not a dead cause. TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION CHRIS ITS NOT GOING TO A "DEAD CAUSE" IF YOU ENJOY HUNTING YOUR HOUNDS AND WANT TO CONTINUE TO HUNT YOUR HOUNDS IN THE FUTURE THAN WE NEED TO UNITE..THE MONEY WILL GO TO WHERE EVER THE MTHA MEMBERS DECIDE IT NEEDS TO GO..IT IS NOT ALL UP TO ME WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

IM NEW TO THIS AND DONT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING..BUT THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE ON THIS SIGHT THAT HAVE HELD POSITIONS ON THE MTHA COMMITTEE THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT WITH THE QUESTIONS I CANT ANSWER Very Happy

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

MTHA-new topic Empty I understand this

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 am

So what I understand is the Maine Tree Hound Association is a maine based houndsmen association that stands up for hunting dog hunters and fights legal issues in the state of maine FOR those of us that hunt with dogs.That is good seems to many anti's out there and we need all the help we can get. Events are put on to encourage new members and to unite brothers into the sport.All dues and profit from events are put into an account for mtha.These monies are then used to fight legal issues and promote hunting with dogs?
    Are there monthly meetings and membership involvment?Is the association run by a president or is it a membership majority vote?Maine is a large state is there only one chapter of this association or could it be cut by northern and southern me.And have semi annual meetings between the two? just wondering how this all works I like the consept and as long as my money goes to fight legal issues Count me in ..chris
    coydawg39

Male Posts : 566
    Job/hobbies : hunting and camping ,4 wheeling

Post  coydawg39 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:25 am

Count me in also Tim , thanks again

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 am

CHRIS I SENT YOU A PM
    Masshole

Male Posts : 24

MTHA-new topic Empty out of state

Post  Masshole Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 am

Are memberships open to out of state houndsmen? If so count me in. I would hate to see any of the anti's get a foot hold. They will pick away at your rights. Devide an conquer the outdoorsman. I hope the trappers , houndsman, and bait hunters realize they are all in this together.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:40 am

Masshole ... YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TO JOIN JUST E-MAIL ME ALL YOUR INFO THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT TIM
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

MTHA-new topic Empty Maine Tree Hound Assn.

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:50 am

Tim;
    Sorry it took so long to respond to this thread.Listen I'll help with the cost of the booth is someone else wants to help out.Also every year our club helps out families in need or a family with a tragedy.Maybe this year we can donate a little to the MTHA to get things started.Like we talked about over the phone today.Our club is willing to help with donations and whatever foot work we need to to get this up and running right.I bet with a little work I can get the rest of the clubs to also help with tieing all us hound junkies together under one unbrella.The MTHA should be the premeire hound club in the state.All should join no matter what your running.All these bills will affect everyone.If you need a place to hold anything your more then welcome to hold anything at our club until other arrangements are made.If you need anything just say the word 1-207-271-0610.I also believe that if all other clubs like our Downeast Houndsmen assn,Albion Coon,Cat,&Bear Assn,Oxford Coon Club,And the new club in Kingfield,should all send a spokesperson along with you as president to these meetings, to adress them as somewhat professionals.All organizations united as one will speak volumn to them.It just shows that theres acual groups of us instead of indavidals.
    Tim;
    Thanks for step'n up to the plate,I know it's not easy jump'n into the fire.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 am

BILL, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. STEVE WILCOX IS CHECKING TO SEE IF WE CAN STILL GET A BOOTH FOR THE MAINE SPORTSMAN SHOW. HE SAID HE WILL LET ME KNOW TOMORROW IF HE FINDS OUT WE CAN GET A BOOTH. I MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE YOU UP ON YOUR OFFER. WE ONLY HAVE A WEEK TO GET READY FOR IT.. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED..THANKS AGAIN

MTHA-new topic Empty thanks tim

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I just want to say it will be a pleasure to be a member.I know my money will be going for the best cause a houndsman could have.thanks for the info tim on a side note good luck and congrats for stepping up into such a huge position for all of us. ..chris soon to be member.
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Tim, I also will donate money to the cause for the Booth and to start up the very necessary club. I am limited in funds but will help with some money as well. PM me your address and I will send some money tommorow if both not available then the donation can go to brochures or other expenses needed for this club. Thanks for all you are doing. Randy

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

just got an e-mail from harry

Steve:

I am truly sorry, but all exhibitor space at the sportsman show has been sold.
    I feel bad about this because Maine Treehound was such a good exhibitor for so many years.

If someone drops out, I will be in touch with you immediately to offer the space to you. I also am putting your email address onto our prospect list for next year, in case Maine Treehound still wants a space then.

Harry

I still think we should have things lined up, I did ask that if anything becomes available that he let me know. That we would make the effort and be there.-Steve

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR CALLS AND PM'S WITH ALL THE INTEREST WE'VE HAD SO FAR I THINK WE'RE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ...TIM

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 am

we have a booth if we can make it happen, i started a new tread on it if you can help let me know.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 am

i would like to thank doghunter.me for his support and membership ...
    thunder struck
    thunder struck

Male Posts : 112
    Job/hobbies : auto body

Post  thunder struck Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 am

count me in tim.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am