Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

Oxford county coon club???????????????

CoonHunter

Male Posts : 52
    Job/hobbies : CoonHunting

Oxford county coon club??????????????? Empty Oxford county coon club???????????????

Post  CoonHunter Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 am

Is there still a club or did it go under may be there is a way to restart it or get it the help and members it needs because there no clubs around southern part of the state!!!!!!!just wondering ??????????
    ROADKILL

Male Posts : 264
    Job/hobbies : MaineDOT/ trapping,Houndsman,MSDA MEMBER!

Oxford county coon club??????????????? Empty Re: Oxford county coon club???????????????

Post  ROADKILL Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:11 pm

I looked into it a year or so ago to support other clubs and didn't have any luck. Hollaback may know, or Bones. Mt Abram Coonhunters and Albion may not be close but speaking for Mt Abram we welcome new folks and Albion club does as well. Sorry couldn't be more help.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Oxford county coon club??????????????? Empty Re: Oxford county coon club???????????????

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Don't know their status either......As far as I know Downeast houndsmen assn., Albion Coon,cat & Bear hunters Assn., and Mt Abrahams coonhunters Assn.....are the 3 active coon clubs that host events....UKC could tell you more if you contact them.....They will put you in touch with the last know people listed on file....and any contact info....Might be something some folks from that area can get involved in and get it back on its feet somehow....Last I heard they were functioning out of Rock o' Dundee snowmobile club in Oxford?????
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Oxford county coon club??????????????? Empty oxford

Post  rich40s Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:55 am

the club up there is done they did there last two hunts last summer and havent heard anymore on it
    rich40s

Post  rich40s Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 am

last hunt there was only one hound there mine i hunted him had points and never went back to turn in last couple years was never enough to show up for hunts to bad too with all the hounds out there
    rich40s

Post  rich40s Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:03 am

we had two clubs down this way gonic nh and oxford me. but both are closed down never enough show up to keep them going would be nice if we had one in between and had a bunch show up but if no one comes its kinda hard to have it last
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

I remember when they had big turn-outs for the events and drew a lot of folks from all over....too bad to see it go down.....I know they was have'n a hard time to get a bench judge at their events but nobody ever wanted to apprentice and get it for the club.....Its a shame because they have a good spot to hold events with plenty of folks to go if it was turned around and run properly.....Hopefully a few will get together and rebuild it up......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:14 am