Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

2 posters

question about dc40

blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

question about dc40 Empty question about dc40

Post  blue_ridge Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:51 am

I read somewhere that garmin is discontinuing the dc 40 now?  is there any truth to this and if so why?  I don't get it really.  first the dc30.  now the dc 40?
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

question about dc40 Empty Re: question about dc40

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 am

Yes it's true.....They want to get away from that technology and stay with the DC50/TT10.....These both have the same housing and a lot of same components inside.....The 40's are being discontinued and service and repair will be limited till a certain date then no more at all.....The whole point is that they wanna stay with the external antenna and same production line move'n forward.....Just like all other electronic devises, every year or so they upgrade to keep competitive....I know a lot of beagle guys like the 40's because they neck down to fit beagles better with no external antenna....But tt10's and dc50 neck down pretty close maybe a bit loose on 13" hounds.
    The 40's had issues from the beginning with on/off switch issues....I sent 3-4 back before got ones that would work.....Once that was fixed the market still had a lot of faulty switch collars still on the shelves and it cost Garmin dearly, with service charges and return shipping....Plus the fact Garmin/tri tronics joined forces and wanted to create a different line that had more range with better reception....

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:34 pm