Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+3
J.R.
HOLLABACK
coyotehunter34
7 posters

this is what we need at the events

coyotehunter34
    coyotehunter34

Male Posts : 335
    Job/hobbies : maine guide

this is what we need at the events Empty this is what we need at the events

Post  coyotehunter34 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:54 am

[img]this is what we need at the events 73448010[/img][img]this is what we need at the events 48367210[/img]
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

this is what we need at the events Empty Re: this is what we need at the events

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 am

Jason,
    I agree ! We plan on a bear trial in May and we'll have at least a field trial,and water race.....Problem with a bay is score'n it.....We could surely have a fun event after the fact and come up with a make shift score'n method......I'm going to New York to the northeast bear trials and there is supposed to be a mechanical bear from Virginia that a guy runs on a remote control that is life like.....Maybe get some ideas from that one,and how they score it also.....The MSDA is hopefully going to have a couple bear events and once we work the kinks out of everything we'll host a few through UKC...Last year was our first one and learned what and what not to do,and got a idea how long it takes to go through 100 dogs....lol....A great time to play.....April,May,& June...... Very Happy
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  J.R. Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 am

Bill if u put a bear rug down over your back u can score it easy, the dog that bites the hardest and the dog that gets in your face so close that u can look right straight threw him when he bays u wins lmao.let me know i can help put the bear rug on.
    chris1v
    chris1v

Male Posts : 41

Post  chris1v Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:27 pm

J.R. wrote:Bill if u put a bear rug down over your back u can score it easy, the dog that bites the hardest and the dog that gets in your face so close that u can look right straight threw him when he bays u wins lmao.let me know i can help put the bear rug on.

LOL
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Thats what friends do right! Mad since you sound like you know so much about it,and understand the score'n maybe you can show us what ya mean? tongue I have a few potlickers that we can practice with..... lol! lol!
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Bill you could have gotten me to do it a few weeks back, but im recently retired,lmao.Its time to pass the torch on to the next guy i think everyone should have the chance to judge an event like that.lol
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Jr,
    25 yrs ago you couldnt have talked me out of it.....hahahahaha......I'll show them.....lol....
    Casylefm

Job/hobbies : Welder/carpenter rabbit & duck hunting

Post  Casylefm Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:42 pm

I think both of you should dress up. This way it will be twice as fun
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Bill i agree, just not 25 years ago for me. 15 years ago i would have done it with out a rug just a can of black paint some fuzzy black under wear...That would weed out the chicken dogs and bring the cream to the top of the hounds.and keep most men at home.lol
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:54 pm

Jr,
    LOL...Thats a image that i did'nt need this morning.....hahahaha
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:14 pm

J.R. wrote:Bill i agree, just not 25 years ago for me. 15 years ago i would have done it with out a rug just a can of black paint some fuzzy black under wear...That would weed out the chicken dogs and bring the cream to the top of the hounds.and keep most men at home.lol

The thought of that is almost enough to keep me off the site....

ALL...use extreme caution when viewing all of JRs pics he may try to pull a quick one.
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:23 am

Your all safe no worries there lol....Unless u think it could make photo of the month,nah nevermind im scared u all would vote it in lol
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 am

Bahahaha. You guys crack me up!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:07 am

i may not run bear but it sure would be funny to watch someone with a bear suit on run from some hounds. an idea.... mechanical bull with a bear suit on it. which ever dog hangs on the longest.... maybe??
    coyotehunter34
    coyotehunter34

Male Posts : 335
    Job/hobbies : maine guide

Post  coyotehunter34 Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 am

OMG lmao you guys really got me laughing on this one !! ok ok how many of use will pay Bill to do it lol ive got 50 bucks any one else lol Hell id throw in a hundred if Bill puts on the bear skin lolololol Really Bill i promise my hounds wont bite you ! lmao
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:40 am

Im in for 5 if he uses blueticks for the training.But if he uses plotts or walkers im in for 50...lol
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:39 am

Hahahah You all would'nt be laugh'n when They all go running with their tails between their legs....lol...HAHAHAH Especially if I can walk up and start pet'n Jasons.....lol..... tongue
    Jr,
    Keep your $5.00 you might need it to get roll of Toilet paper after seeing what this bear does to your hounds in the woods......lol..... Laughing
    LOL......i'LL have them video'n me walking your fellas pack an a leash out of the woods with that suit on....... lol! geek
    HAHAHAHAH
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Lol, ill buy the toilet paper but not sure if u or I will end up using it before the day is done.LMAO lol!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:58 pm

JR,
    I'd be the sorriest bear them dogs ever see.... lol! and the slowest.. lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 pm