Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

Dog events in Maine

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Dog events in Maine Empty Dog events in Maine

Post  HOLLABACK Sun May 13, 2012 4:58 pm

With warmer weather starting to co-opperate all clubs seem to be in full swing with events,stacked every weekend from here on out.It's great to see all the folks starting to get involved in these events.A little friendly competition is always fun!Remember that memberships are usually annually like all clubs, and funding is always problamatic in small clubs! Support and participation is key to keeping these clubs going for the next generation! It's been great to see all the kids and parents involved so far this season! Seeing them kids walk away with a trophy is priceless! If ya never been to a event before and would like to give it a whirl,the clubs are always welcome'n new folks! Your favorite breed generally has a following of knowlagable folks that are willing to help,and or listen! Grade dogs(dogs without papers) seem to be in large numbers at the events as well! So if your prize hound is'nt registered dont worry,you can still enter them in all events! Generally this is the biggest and best category!If ya have any questions on what goes on,or how things are done,feel free to ask! Hope to see ya at the next event this month!
    Hunter
    Hunter

Male Posts : 421
    Job/hobbies : MM at TI /My Family and Hunting

Dog events in Maine Empty Re: Dog events in Maine

Post  Hunter Sun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

How do I find events for my beagles
    just must be contacting the wrong people.
    coyotehunter34
    coyotehunter34

Male Posts : 335
    Job/hobbies : maine guide

Post  coyotehunter34 Sun May 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Yesterday my family and i went to the Albion club, we had a blast. the kids are still talking about the Trophies.i was very impressed with the club, things are looking better and better every time we go.Thanks Bill for judging and comeing down yesterday, the boys really like haveing some one there that can answer questions and that is willing to help. some times we all seem tuff and and heartless, but i got to tell you what IMPRESSED me yesterday, when the kids where getting ready to bench the hounds, Bill Finney came up to the kids and asked if the needed a dog to bench, thats what its all about KIDS,thats the future!!!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Sun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Jason,
    Great to see you and your family there too! Those kids definately had a great time,and the clubs are starting to shape up a bit too.Everyone done a great job in prepare'n the events and all went pretty smooth! I was really impressed with the turnout yesterday! I have'nt seen that many folks at a event since I was younger.....I agree these kids are the future to the sport,and it was great to see folks offering there dogs for them to use! Bill Does have a heart....lol....Alot folks had smiles on there faces win/loose/draw.....Some outstanding dogs that stood out to me yesterday, include'n yours and Darrin's.....It surely is a great place to blow off the off season blues and socialize with folks ya have'nt seen in a while....Funny to see some little kids parade'n a dog twice there size around....One little fella was lead'n his dog to the bench getting dragged and lay'n on the ground behind him,stopped,got up,wiped himself off,looked around,and kept on truck'n.....Thats priceless!!!!! I can see him with a guide patch on his shoulder soon!!! Alot of good changes for the good happening behind the sceens at that club,and they're doing great so far! Met some great yound folks and some great first timers yesterday,hopefully they all continue to support this sport.......

Hunter;
    The beagle events are listed under the beagle section on the boards your dogs are registered under.....If ya need any contact numbers feel free to give me a call anytime and I'll see what I can find out for ya! 1-207-271-0610.....
    Haire-Bear

Post  Haire-Bear Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 am

On June 16-17, Southern Maine BC in Buxton is holding a Large Pack on Hare trial. Also check the better beagle web site that has most advertised trials list. I just judged a kerosene style trial yesterday, open to any beagle registered or not the am class was 14" and under and pm class was anything close 16"+/-. No dogs were actually measured but just good old fashion honor system and was great to see 3 generations of hounds "people" walking about and NO ONE swearing with all the "little hounds people" around. The trial wasn't advertised and had 28 14+/- and 36 BIGGUNS. The trial was held in Dartmouth,Mass. @ Paskamansett Beagle Club. One funny statement was when I asked who's measuring and the Pres. of the club laffed and pointed to a guy about 6'4" and said knee hi was the 14" class and waist hi was the BIG class. We need more of this atmosphere at the trials. Good runnin' to all, Campbell
    Hunter
    Hunter

Male Posts : 421
    Job/hobbies : MM at TI /My Family and Hunting

Post  Hunter Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 am

Thanks for the help we will see
    you soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 am