Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+3
pappa Bear
walkerpower23
HOLLABACK
7 posters

Positive energy!

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Positive energy! Empty Positive energy!

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 pm

I want to just get out there the benifits this club has to offer and how far we come in such a short time.Alot of feedback I've seen since I've been home is questionable to say the least.When we were all faced with issues pertaining to our sport being threatened from groups and personal attacks in August not that long ago,we all knew we needed to do something.Well we did! We all donated everything we had,and the board was lit up with a strong devotion to win the war! It was'nt that long ago......With all that being said,look how far we come......a real organization,a president,a vice president,a secretary,a full board of directors,a great membership started,Money in the bank,A booth at the sportsman show in our capitol,a raffle,Banners,sticker,and most of all Devoted members.......Take five min to absorb all that......NOW.....lets take positive energy again and all move forward.....With whatever quirks we may have at the moment.....We can'nt do everything overnight.....The willingness to help sometimes makes folks feel left out,un informed,like it's not move'n quick enough,ect....What has to be remembered is we are all on the same side.....But it still has to be run like a club,with rules,and in proceedures.....If we just start jumping around with ideas(even though they are great) we'll fall down.....Everyone in this club,with or without a title,is just as valueable! As we all know title dogs are still dogs too....Please lets just focus on the task at hand as a group all strive'n for the same goals.....We all want the same thing.....The Board members are working with eachother to get things on paper,in order,leagaly,and finacially.......Hope this is a turning point to push forward in a direction where we all want to be.........
    walkerpower23
    walkerpower23

Male Posts : 403
    Job/hobbies : Sales/ Running hounds

Positive energy! Empty Re: Positive energy!

Post  walkerpower23 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 am

I agree with the positive energy! I believe everyone should just be happy that right now we are able to do what we all love and never take it for granted!! Any argueing is just going to make us look bad I think we are all in this together and should ALL help eachother out in the sport that we all LIVE FOR!! I know that I am new at this and would like help with just information and when asked I have got positive feedback and appreciate anything that anyone has to offer that would help me become a better sportsman and houndsmen! LETS ALL STICK TOGETHER AND ENJOY THIS AMAZING SPORT THAT WE ALL LOVE!! -RUNNING HOUNDS- Very Happy Just my 2 cents -Matt
    walkerpower23
    walkerpower23

Male Posts : 403
    Job/hobbies : Sales/ Running hounds

Post  walkerpower23 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 am

And to all the people that are doing all they can to improve the MSDA I appreciate it and I will do whatever I can to help just need to know what I can do to help.. Thanks Matt
    pappa Bear
    pappa Bear

Male Posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : Maskwa Outfitters/ Contractor

Post  pappa Bear Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks holla Back for the deep breath and positive direction!
    Laneysplott
    Laneysplott

Male Posts : 108
    Job/hobbies : guide

Post  Laneysplott Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:14 am

Bill, you should consider being a motivational speaker!! Your post is dead on, 11 months ago we did not exist, so I would say we have acomplished alot, Hopefully it is just the beginning, I am hopefull that the other 150 members off this site who do not belong to the MSDA take a minute to think about the big picture,I have heard alot of exuses why guys have not joined but I guess if you make exuses and can't justify a $10-20 membership that bothers me, Corey I completly understand your postion and thank you for your willingness to help, trust me it is appreciated. Everyone that wants to help the first thing I would ask is every member get one friend to join, If we all do that we will double our membership. LETS GO!!
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 am

Nice job Bill!
    I want to take just a minute and share one thought that I am planning to expand on locally.
    I am going to ask the group that hunts with me to get invoved in a landowner appreciation day this summer. I think many snowmobile/ATV clubs do similar things.
    Promoting our sport with landowners is our main ticket to enjoying the right to free cast dogs.
    I will refine the plans and share them along the way.
    Tim Farrar
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 am

great idea tim. i truely am sorry for going off a bit on here. im not a person to start shit on a computer. we have the ability to become a force to be rekoned with for sure. as many guys that i run into running hounds, we should be!!!!! ive met alot of great people on here and plan on continueing that quest. hopefully someday ill be able to run hounds with ya LOL. ill see some of you at the show. happy hunting

corey
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 am

Great Idea Tim! Landowner issues are in the forefront of most of the discussions in Augusta.Good deeds always spread like wildfire! The stigma that follows us needs to be positive and the interaction between us and landowners really needs a make-over....Sometimes just the simple things mean the most....Respect is given and taken in this sport....Talking is always been the best solution......The topic you bring to the table is the single most important issues we face....Letting them know what our intentions are usually is enough,a simple hand every now and then speaks volumn! A simple day here and there goes a long ways for both partys.....If every group had this day before ya know it, it would turn the tables With issues being voted on.Become'n friends instead of "Them folks"....Great Ideas!
    mike cross

Post  mike cross Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:40 am

the snowmobile club in sebago puts on a dinner every year for the land owners that the trails are on they put an ad in the local paper to notify everybody. these are the same issues with club members arguing about what should be done and the lack of help in the club 20 years ago i went to several meetings in the early 90s that had 5 or 6 people at the meetings out of 100 members. united you stand strong ,divided you will fall.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 am

Another great Idea Mike! That interaction is a great chance for folks to milgle and get a chance to see and hear what were all about. "United we stand,devided we fall" is true! This is the feedback that make us strong!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content