Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+5
countryboyzguide
oxford dogger
brandon salls
HOLLABACK
countrygirl11
9 posters

Augusta Show Volunteers

countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Augusta Show Volunteers Empty Augusta Show Volunteers

Post  countrygirl11 Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:55 am

We have reserved a booth at the Augusta Sportsman Show..The dates of the show are Friday March30th-Sunday April 1st..
    There should be 2 people managing the booth at all times and we can do this in shifts. Also looking for volunteers to help set the booth up friday and take the booth down on sunday! Paul & I will be around all weekend as we are in charge of the booth for the MPGA.. Let me know if you would like to help and for what day and time...Thanks so much! You can also email... msda@live.com

Show Hours:
    Friday March 30th 1-7
    Saturday March 31st 9-9
    Sunday April 1st 9-5
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Augusta Show Volunteers Empty Re: Augusta Show Volunteers

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:07 am

I'll help anytime that is needed....sign me up for whatever is needed to make it all work!
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Post  countrygirl11 Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 am

I will keep you posted Hollaback on what is needed after we get some volunteers Smile Thank-you!
    brandon salls
    brandon salls

Male Posts : 322
    Job/hobbies : training dogs

Post  brandon salls Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 am

Hey, just throwing out my two cents i don't mind donateing/working with the MSDA in this raffle i would like to see other volunteers of the association come together and as a group effort help that raffle winner get there bear. Im pretty much right out straight busy until the second week of october then i don't know it's still early and i have a few spots left but i think it would be good to get some members together and hunt together while provideing a good service to the consumer, now maybe a bear hunt is to much and everyone wants to do a rifle then thats cool just would like some input on what everyone else thinks i plan my whole year around bear season so it's important for me to plan ahead. Or someone could do a grouse or free rabbit hunt i don't know i just got bear dogs but im willing to help if i can make it work.

Brandon Salls
    Ursus Kennels
    207 249 9722
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

I will be able to help on Friday and Sunday. Marie ,let me know what time we need to be there to set up on friday.
    I will contact Norm Sanderson to see if he wants to come and help man the booth.
    Folks please start posting when you want to help and we can get a better plan together.
    Tim Farrar
    countryboyzguide
    countryboyzguide

Male Posts : 152

Post  countryboyzguide Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 pm

I will help if your still looking just give me a call and let me know when and Wat time

Brandon
    brandon salls
    brandon salls

Male Posts : 322
    Job/hobbies : training dogs

Augusta Show Volunteers Empty ??????????????

Post  brandon salls Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:12 am

??????????? I take it that it seems like more folks are interested in haveing a raffle for a weapon of some sorts, rather than any sort of outdoor experiance with any sort of dogs, be it rabbit, bird, coyote, bear or bobcat. But isn't the point of the club as a whole to get out there and spread the many exciting opportunites there are with hunting with dogs, and get more people interested in this sport, i would expect more people to agree than to disagree with my question. I personally do not care as to what is raffled off at this show, all's i can tell you is we need people with good PR (public relations) skills to get as many new members to join the MSDA. I've done the August show twice but not for the MSDA and when dealing with people you have to be able to explain what this club/organization is, and what it's about, and why it's important to be a part of it you have to tell them where there money is going and what it's being used for. You have to be able to read people and sorta suck them in where you are the only one they are listening to and make them listen to what you have to say, from there it's just getting them hooked and if this club is going to go anywhere we need more members.

In my own opioin i think we need to have more meetings than once a year, better communication between the board of directors and the members themselves only brings the club closer and better prepared for when certain bill's in Augusta are brought up, and any other issues pertaining to dog hunting of any kind. I just found out today who the new presidant of the club is i can't even get on the MSDA website from my house out in the bush it takes forever to get anything to load or do anything, and i have tried from other computer networks and still the same story, i don't no anything about these idiot boxes we call computers but just curious if anyone else is haveing any issues with that site maybe something is wrong with it? Now if you'll excuse me my 3 month old just puked all over the computer screen so on that note any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

Brandon Salls

B
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 am

My wife and I will be able to help man the booth. I think that we will be available any time, just let us know.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 am

Norm Sanderson has the booth and will be bringing it to the show friday.
    pappa Bear
    pappa Bear

Male Posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : Maskwa Outfitters/ Contractor

Post  pappa Bear Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:14 am

I would be more than happy to help out in any way! I also think all volunteers should spend some time together talking about our sales pitch at the show and how we should present our selves in general.

Thanks,

Mark Very Happy
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Post  countrygirl11 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Tim..can you check with Norm and see what time he plans on being there for Friday set up? I believe he has the booth still! That will determine what time people should be there to set up the booth! I am making a list of the people that have volunteered and will let you know what I come up with for when you are scheduled to help! Thanks everyone! We are still working on what to do for raffles we will come up with something shortly! Thanks again!
    44magman

Male Posts : 313
    Job/hobbies : Running beagles

Post  44magman Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:29 pm

i live next to norm and told him i would ride up with him and help set up on friday . i will talk with him and see what time he plans to be at the show . i will let you know what tells me for a time . david pride 207-647-4086 bridgton maine.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Marie, I talked to Norm a couple days ago. He will be there by 9 AM.
    If Dave is there with him and I am there we will not need much if any other help setting up.
    Again I will be there all day.
    I would like to have a director/officer at the booth as much as posible.
    44magman

Male Posts : 313
    Job/hobbies : Running beagles

Post  44magman Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm

i talked with norm last night and he told me also he would be at the show around 9 am. i will bring a small tool kit with me to help set up . cordless drill, cordless saws all, hammer ,screw drivers ,adjustable wrenchs,ect .if anybody knows what other tools we might need just let me know and i should be able to bring them.david pride 207-647-4086 bridgton maine.
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Post  countrygirl11 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Sounds good Tim..Paul and I will be there all weekend across the way at MPGA booth! Hopefully I can take money home at night and open back up in the am...hopefully Bill got a hold of you and I also wanted to talk to u about membership dues before the show! Also we need to decide if were having a meeting that weekend as well! Things are coming together..slowly :-)
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 pm

i also agree on wanting to know if there will be a meeting that weekend at the show also i think having a director or officer at the booth is good idea but feel that anyone involved will do well as long as we have a good process for what booth workers need to or are expected to do while manning the booth i also think that while this topic is still open for input we need to help marie create a list of times the booth will be manned and then we can just fill it in with our names to keep this process going and fill all slots i suggest the times be in four hour increments to keep the focus on promoting our association and to show the visitors of this show our commitment to this association with many members working and knowledgable in this association. i hope this helps marie? i will attempt to possibly put in some time just not sure if i am the right person as have some personal stuff i am still working out but may be able to be put into a slot once we know more of the needs. good luck and lets hope for a prosperous show.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:55 am