Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

Looking for info on some dogs...

DogChaser
    DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

Looking for info on some dogs... Empty Looking for info on some dogs...

Post  DogChaser Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 pm

This message was left on the MSDA facebook page...if any one has any info they can share it would be much appreciated!

Ian Gordon

Don't know f you might be able to put a feeler out for me, please. I'm trying to find info on a couple of English Springer Spaniel breeders my family got a pup from in the early '90s. Our dog, Chelsea, was sired by an amazing field dog owned by Jo Anne Moody, a Maine guide big in the grouse scene, whom I cannot find a recent address for. Last known she was in the Belfast area. The mother was owned by Ford Nelson, a gentleman from the Pittsfield/Canaan area. Mind you, this was 20+ years ago, and I don't know if either would still be breeding or if they're even alive. I'm looking to get a pup out of the same lines and would love to connect with anyone who knows them, has dogs from them, or knows anyone who does. Thanks in advance!

~Lauren~
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Male Posts : 216
    Job/hobbies : electrician

Looking for info on some dogs... Empty Re: Looking for info on some dogs...

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

I think the lady is still alive and still hunting. If she is the one me and my dad have seen in brooks. She had springers and britt's i think, my dad knew of her and said she was big into bird hunting. I have no idea of how to get ahold of her though
    Matt Walker
    Matt Walker

Male Posts : 78
    Job/hobbies : carpenter,rabbit hunting

Post  Matt Walker Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 am

I had a springer from them best dog I ever had you find them for sure . If they a still breeding from those lines I want one!
    DogChaser
    DogChaser

Post  DogChaser Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 am

Thanks Guys! Nelson found out that she does live in Brooks, and plans to have a little in the next year...
    DogChaser
    DogChaser

Post  DogChaser Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 am

I came across this info online... not sure if it's current but I thought I'd share...

Spaniel Journal Webpage

Jo-Anne Moody of Brooks, ME, tel: 207-722-3664, e-mail: gundog147@prexar.com She is an independent woman with a lot of character and a great sense of humor. She is a native Mainer and knows the central Maine grouse covers better than anyone. She hunts with lovely home raised Springers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm