Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+7
pappa Bear
doghunter.me
crowley
mainecathunter
sprucemountain
HOLLABACK
Laneysplott
11 posters

info on bear bills

second nature
    second nature

Male Posts : 350
    Job/hobbies : Taxidermist /guide

info on bear bills - Page 2 Empty Re: info on bear bills

Post  second nature Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 am

well i just thought if the information i heard was true someone might point the unethical practice out at the public hearing on monday maybe then we won't even have to loose the last four days of training season for hounds .
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

info on bear bills - Page 2 Empty ????????

Post  HOLLABACK Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 am

That sounds like a great job for ya Larry Laughing cheers Laughing I vote you find all this out for us!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing scratch
    pappa Bear
    pappa Bear

Male Posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : Maskwa Outfitters/ Contractor

Post  pappa Bear Sun May 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Im not sure that rep Woods is a guide him self but, I do believe he has direct relations to a guide in western maine who is primariley a bait guide
    doghunter.me
    doghunter.me

Male Posts : 299
    Job/hobbies : mechanic/maine guide

Post  doghunter.me Sun May 01, 2011 7:18 pm

who ever is behind this bill should be ashamed.it's obvious that someone is very greedy.propbaly they have exclusive permission to bait some where and don't want anyone else to.plus want's more bait only season .i can't believe the state is even looking at it.is this problem why vermont is no baiting?
    crowley
    crowley

Male Posts : 221

Post  crowley Mon May 02, 2011 2:11 am

If you look on the MPGA web site you will also find that both Rep. Wood and his bother are members of the MPGA. As I've said before, I have a lot of respect for what Skip Trask has done for the Maine sportsman. That said: Skip works for the MPGA. Not all, but some members of the MPGA created and are supporting this bill. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON FOR THE COMPROMISE. I feel that if enough people showed up tomorrow, we wouldn't loose anything.
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 am

No one wants to lose an hour of our hunting time. I think that the bottom line is that if people don't think that these organization's are doing right by them than they need to get involved themselves instead of sitting at home complaining.JMO

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:50 am

Where the He-- was the tree hound assn? Many of the MPGA members donated money time and effort to reinvent this as the the sporting dog assn. The MPGA been one of the strongest freinds the hounds man of Maine has had, We did not submit these bills. You can call it greed or you can call it self serving, but It is time to open your eyes, and see whats really going on out there, I have talked to Steve Wood, and can understand to an extent where he is coming from, You start spending $1000's of dollars a year reg. commercial sites and placing baits, to have some one come along and ruin them, you may get a little motivate and self serving too.

And just for the record for those who don't know besides Steve Wood, the almost exact same bill was submitted by I believe John Martin of Eagle Lake who is a sporting camp owner, and there was rumor that almost the same bill was going to be submitted by the Lincoln area rep, For issues we had right around here, but wasn't. There is some major issues being caused by a few all over this state, and if something isn't done to straighten them out you will see this come up next time again. And rather than blaming the MPGA or the person submitting the bill hopefully you will see beyond it to the real reasons why.
    If peer pressure is not used to solve some of these issues, laws will be put into place, by the majority, I let you decide who has the most numbers and money bait hunters or hounds man, it is just a shame that as sportsman we will be divide this way.

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 8:11 am

For got to say 1 more point, If you go tomorrow and say that there is not any issues out there, or that it is a self serving, of MR Wood you may be very disappointed at the out come, because the dept dose have volumes of documents, to the contrary, you need to point out that a few are causing the problems and they need to be dealt with not everyone with a hound.
    I wish I could make it but don't think I going to be able.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm

swilcox
    The MSDA will go on record as opposed to this bill Monday (today).We will not willingly support loosing two more weeks of running dogs. That said it will likely
    boil down to some days of lost training. I wouls like to see it reduced to no more that the weekend before bait but it will be a day or two more I think.
    Everyone has the right to contact their representatives in the legislature and urge them to vote the way you want.
    This committee does not pass law they send it to be voted on by the full house/senate.
    mainecathunter
    mainecathunter

Male Posts : 126
    Job/hobbies : cat and bear hunting

Post  mainecathunter Mon May 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks like its going just like the antis would have it. Split them up and watch them fight each other right out of the Maine woods. We need to stick together, bait hunters dog people, all of us. You dont see dog hunters drafting any anti bait bills.
    Do you? Why not? Because we know better. Believe this, two parts do not equal the power of one whole. Stick together and dont let them (antis) sit and watch and laugh at us, doing just what they planned.. Together we stand strong....apart we fall...you decide..
    second nature
    second nature

Male Posts : 350
    Job/hobbies : Taxidermist /guide

Post  second nature Mon May 02, 2011 5:27 pm

When i brought the rep Woods subject up i was not attacking the MPGA or any other organization I was just trying to point out the fact that a elected official was sponsoring a bill that directly benefits him self and point out that it was to me very unethical practices that the state seems to allow I would think he would/ should abstain from anything like that and not sponsor it.

I am confident that the MPGA and the new MSDA and many other sportsman organizations are doing there best to stop this and many other upcoming bills.

I brought this up only to point out the conflict of interest ..... Not to blame any other organization

Maybe I am all wrong and he(Woods) is doing his best to bring a compromise so we don't loose everything they want I DON'T KNOW !!! the only ones that would are the ones talking to him directly ...............
    mainecathunter
    mainecathunter

Male Posts : 126
    Job/hobbies : cat and bear hunting

Post  mainecathunter Mon May 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, i BELIEVE all went well today in Augusta. The only statement that I was unclear on, was the one made at the end of the hearing...The statement that we would except compromise, and be ok with that. I personally am not ok with compromise at all.. I dont understand WHO IS :WE:, that except this compromise...it sure the hell isnt me. Is it you? If someone is speaking for a group, my belief is that the group should be involved in the process. Compromise is what eats away at our sport, we should not have to compromise with each other but unite and stand together, act as one not bicker and try to further our own selfish interest. It will back fire and the next thing you, KAPOWEEE we got nothing...Remember, you only have so many compromises before you have none left. Then what?
    crowley
    crowley

Post  crowley Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 am

I thought the meeting went better than expected. It was good to see MSDA representing us.
    Also, Bob Parker delivered a well thought out speech, condemning any change in the current seasons.

It's too early to tell but I think we at least have a chance of keeping the training days.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Tue May 03, 2011 1:37 am

I am going to E-mail as many of the committe members as I can before Monday's work session.I will be asking them to oppose LD 468 and give them a little back ground from my point of view.
    Tim
    crowley
    crowley

Post  crowley Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 am

http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/jt_com/ifw.htm

This is the link of the representatives on the committee (if it works)

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 am

thanks Jamie
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

info on bear bills - Page 2 Empty Todays meeting

Post  HOLLABACK Tue May 03, 2011 5:26 am

I also agree today went better then we exspected.Thanks to My sister Lisa and Bob Parker for there words of exsperience.Glad to see the main bill get shot down quickly.Was happy to see the day go quickly and without lots of bull from the oppose'n side.Glad to see ya all there.
    doghunter.me
    doghunter.me

Male Posts : 299
    Job/hobbies : mechanic/maine guide

Post  doghunter.me Tue May 03, 2011 5:47 am

i would like to thank the msda for there support on opposing this bill.also would like to appologize for complaining and then not being able to attend meetings and hearings.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 am