Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

ld 559 passed

ld 559 passed Empty ld 559 passed

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 am

They took a vote on ld599 and it passed through the IF&W committee, as amended,[u], this was a unanimous vote with all present on the committee. I am not sure myself all that this includes but for sure must have permission to place all baits, or to run dogs off any bait, cannot run coyote dogs at night, and the paint strips instead of signs. I know George Smith was there hopefully he will have something on his blog that clears this up as to all it includes.

ld 559 passed Empty Re: ld 559 passed

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:09 am

I tried to underline and put in bold the words as amended but that did not seem to work? which is a very important part as this is not the original bill.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 am

I was there. I was disapointed that they added the elimination of running hounds at night on coyotes. In hot weather it is the best time to run dogs.
    I did talk to Joel Wilkenson after the work shop. I believe he will look into ammending the dog training language to allow provisions for coyote hound training.
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Post  rich40s Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:46 am

whens these go infect next year
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am

It should be made clear that LD559 only 'passed' the committee vote. It has to be voted on by the full legislature to become law. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.Then unless it is passed as an emergency measure it will be 90 days before it is in effect.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:23 pm

yes your correct I believe, but when they are a unanimous vote by a comity I believe they are combined with other unanimous votes on other bills and are not looked at, and kinda pushed through as is.

I believe also this will be in effect by sept, this was due to them wanting to get a good overlap period for the paint strips to take effect.
    mainehoundman
    mainehoundman

Post  mainehoundman Wed May 11, 2011 6:01 am

I hope we can get some sunday training time for yote hounds...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 am