Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

2 posters

Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini

Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Male Posts : 782
    Job/hobbies : hounds

Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini Empty Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini

Post  Budd Denny Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:19 am

I have a lot of hours logged on these collars already and can tell you with confidence that you will get as much range out of the Mini's as you will the full sized TT10's and 15's.
    Here is another one of Double U's reviews, mine is at the bottom of his page. I strongly recommend Double-U Hound Supply when ordering, they go above and beyond to help their customers.
    http://www.dusupply.com/garmin-mini-collars-review
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Male Posts : 216
    Job/hobbies : electrician

Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini Empty Re: Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:04 am

Do they tighten up good on small dogs necks? I got a 1.5yr old female that weighs 11lbs soaking wet I trimmed my tt10's and move rivets still doesnt quite go small enough to used the shock collar part
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini Empty Re: Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini

Post  Budd Denny Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:56 am

I have put them on 4 month old pups and have room to snug them. Rivets can also be removed on these but there is no need to. I will warn you though that the antenna needs a zip tie ahead of the gps module or the collar will swivel to the side of the neck.
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Post  Budd Denny Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Comparing the tracking distance against the TT10’s shows me that basically these mini collars are every bit as good as the full size TT10 collars. I was surprised to see just as much range out of the T 5 Mini collar and the TT 15 Mini collar as I get with my TT10 collars. I did a line of sight test across a small lake here at my house where I was able to get 2.97 miles of open space between me and the collars. I observed that I was able to keep full GPS and full communication until they went into the dense brush on the other side of the lake. I finally lost GPS with collars at 5.90 miles. In the actual hunting conditions in the field I never lost the T5 Mini or the TT15 Mini collars any more or less than I did with the TT10 collars and always picked them back up quickly after a lost signal alert.
    I am glad to see Garmin is now advertising a more realistic Range on their units, they rate 9 miles on the standard TT units and we all know in real hunting situations that's not happening, so when they told me 4 miles on the Mini series I was a little worried but what I found is the Mini's have every bit as much range as the full sized TT units.
    http://www.dusupply.com/garmin-alpha-100-mini-tt15-combo.html
    And another reason to buy from Double-U Hound Supply is their loner program, I have used this service more then once and received loner units OVERNIGHT while on hunting trips out of state.
    http://www.dusupply.com/garmin-loan-program-dusupply
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:01 pm

They sound like they will be just as good as the full size ones. When I get ready to upgrade that's probably what I will end up with. I only have one full size hound and 3 beagles so I only really need one regular tt collar
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Post  Budd Denny Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:23 pm

SNOWSHOEHUNTER wrote:They sound like they will be just as good as the full size ones. When I get ready to upgrade that's probably what I will end up with. I only have one full size hound and 3 beagles so I only really need one regular tt collar
    Honestly if I were still running big hounds I would not hesitate just running the Mini series on them.

Here is how they fit on my beagles.
    13in. Spade
    Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini 011_zpsplnvszii
    12 3/4in Dorie
    Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini 032_zpsuisxqk27
    13 3/4 Crash
    Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini 180_zps4o4lcr1u
    14 1/4 Busted
    Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini 021_zpssme9nokt
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 pm

They look quite a bit smaller than the full size ones. I may get one soon to try out
    Budd Denny
    Budd Denny

Post  Budd Denny Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Side by side comparison, both buckled as tight as I could get them.
    Introducing The New Garmin TT5 and TT15 Mini 016_zpsbgcbndfm
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:41 pm

I think that those would fit my small beagles for sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:41 pm