Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships

blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships Empty 2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships

Post  blackhillblues Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 am

Had another great weekend this year at the New England Coonhunters Reunion with my Blue dogs.  There was a really great turn out both for the Friday night hunt and the Vermont State Championship events Saturday.  I saw some old faces, met some new ones, told some stories, and heard a lot more!  Last year my GRCH female Chloe won Vermonts best of GRCH females, but came up a little short for the New England Show Champion title, but this year she was on her game and we were fortunate enough to come home with the 2013 New England Best of Show title!

Here are a few pictures from the final bench show on Saturday...

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships C210
    Here is the top 6 dogs from Best of Registered, Champion, and Grand Champion Males and Females 

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships C510
    Chloe stacked up

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships C310
    Chloe after her New England Best of Show win!

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships C110
    Here is Chloe and myself with Jeff Days son Tristan after winning his age group with Chloe, he is definitely an up and coming handler, and without a doubt will be representing Maine houndsman for years to come!

Last edited by blackhillblues on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    CoonHunter

Male Posts : 52
    Job/hobbies : CoonHunting

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships Empty a great time!!!!!

Post  CoonHunter Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:55 am

I have not seen my son Tristan so happy!!! I want to thank you for allowing Tristan to show Chloe it was great to see your very impressive female win the over all in Vt it has been ruled many years buy walkers. You should be very proud as handler and a houndsman you and your hound did a great job!!! Jeff Day also nice to see Three Blueticks in the Final GREAT ODDS FOR THE BLUE LOVERS!!!!
    snowdog
    snowdog

Male Posts : 221
    Job/hobbies : running walkers/beagles/kids/line work

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships Empty Re: 2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships

Post  snowdog Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:27 am

Congratulations on your win. You must be very proud. I was curious, how many hounds would show up to an event of that size? Was there just as many for the night hunt? Again, good job on your hound.
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships Empty Re: 2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships

Post  blackhillblues Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:45 am

I can only speak for the past two years that I've traveled to this event, but it is the largest in New England by far...  I hunted my male Grenade in the Friday night hunt, and I believe there were 40 or so dogs entered amongst the classes (I can only imagine that number was double for the state hunt on Saturday).  Saturday is something like a small country fair.  The event is set up in a large open field with a medium size farm pond located next to their clubhouse.  It is a really great set up for drawing people in to camp and stay for the weekend (which is what I did).  Another great thing about this event is in Vermont you can use live trapped coon, so for the field trial and water race they have a live coon for the dogs to tree!  I would definitely recommend the trip to anyone who wants to have a nice coonhound event experience without having to travel too far.
    CoonHunter

Male Posts : 52
    Job/hobbies : CoonHunting

2013 New England Coonhunters Reunion / Vermont State Championships Empty Next Year!!! 50th Year of the reunion

Post  CoonHunter Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 am

It is a great event and next year is going to be bigger then ever is what I was told from Fred Stevens The 50th year of the reunion !! I have been going to this event since I was 4 years old in 1979 and will be there next year 2014 it will my 30th year give or take few here and there but I have seen 4 gen. of my family will there great times and friends great event cant wait!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am