Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+3
joedy
countrygirl11
HOLLABACK
7 posters

To all that can help......(please read)

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

To all that can help......(please read) Empty To all that can help......(please read)

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 am

Just recently found out our friend and Member Corey (Administrator for hounds of Maine) Aunt is battle'n cancer and we're looking to help everyway we can! They are looking for a recliner chair that will help lift her to stand.....This is a time where we really need to pull our resourses together and find a chair....
    We've all been affected by cancer in one way or another,and know the toll it pays on the family....If anyone has any leeds on a chair or where to locate one please let us know! Soon as possible.....
    I would also like to schedual a work day to help Corey and his family out doing whatever is needed......We all know that proud folks dont ask for anything even when they need help,so we're not going to wait for them to ask......I will be talking with Corey tomorrow and find out a bit more what we can do to help during this time.....
    If you can help out in anyway please let us know.....The chair is pretty important right now so please feel free to post any info what,where,and when.......Thank-you!
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

To all that can help......(please read) Empty Re: To all that can help......(please read)

Post  countrygirl11 Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I will keep my eyes and ears open for a chair..I don't know of one right now but I will ask around! My family has also been there and battled cancer, my father specifically! It's a hard time for everyone and any help that can be offered is great! I will keep in touch about a work day..anything else I can do to help just let me know! Good luck w/ everything Corey and I will be prayin'!!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

To all that can help......(please read) Empty Re: To all that can help......(please read)

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm

I did do some research on the recliner chair lifts last night and also found a insert that make a regular recliner operate in the same manner....I'll try today to get ahold of Corey and see exactly what would work best and we'll go from there.....
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:38 am

Marie,
    Coey found a chair that they are picking up tomorrow,so that part is taken care of.....He is going over tonight to visit and will get back to me with what can be done to help out.....Thank-you for being so eager to help! I see 33 people looked at the thread and never bothered to say anything at all.....Very disapointing to see....This topic might not be in our mission statement but surely has moral issues that everyone should be a part of.....
    joedy
    joedy

Post  joedy Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:11 am

thinking of Corey and his famly let us know what we can do to help
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 am

When you hear what else can be done..let me know!! HOPEFULLY more people step up to the plate..it is very disappointing Shocked Crying or Very sad
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

Post  blackhillblues Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:44 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Corey and his family...

Bill,

Have you heard back on any help the family is in need of? Let me know, I'll help any way I can!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:59 pm

I talked with Corey yesterday and he was going to pick up the chair today! I'm sure he's got a full plate! He was extremely thankful for all the support and thank'd all of us....Soon as I hear back I'll let ya know what we can do...Thanks....
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  J.R. Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Corey let me know i will help anyway that i can help buddy.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm

words cant describe how thankful I and my family are for this. its been a long few days but they have gotten her situated. they contacted hospice i believe and i found her a chair that were picking up today. i wasnt able to make it over there last night. didnt get done at the house till late, but am headed over there today with the chair. they have beef and pig critters but it only takes 20 minutes to do the c hores, there wood is in, and everything is ready for winter over there. so im not sure what can be done yet, but im on the case. bill,ill call you as soon as i find something out, and if you can think of anything, it could def be a possibility. again, i cant say thank you enough!!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 am

Corey,
    Anything at all just give a call and we'll be there! 100% no questions asked just say the word!
    Jason Waterhouse
    Jason Waterhouse

Male Posts : 133
    Job/hobbies : HVAC sheetmetal worker

Post  Jason Waterhouse Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Cancer sucks I lost my mom 13 months ago. I think about her everyday her birthday would of been in a couple weeks. I'm sure that day will be tough. Hang in there Corey.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 am

sorry to hear that jason. F%#$ CANCER!!!! thoughts will be with you and your family as well on your mothers birthday.
    Jason Waterhouse
    Jason Waterhouse

Male Posts : 133
    Job/hobbies : HVAC sheetmetal worker

Post  Jason Waterhouse Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 am

Thanks Corey you too

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am