Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+4
walkerpower23
HOLLABACK
countrygirl11
DogChaser
8 posters

MSDA Pot-luck Supper!

DogChaser
    DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

MSDA Pot-luck Supper! Empty MSDA Pot-luck Supper!

Post  DogChaser Thu May 17, 2012 3:55 am

The Maine Sporting Dogs Association will be having a pot-luck luncheon on June 10th at 1pm at the Manchester Lions Club! We would love to see all members and hope to have some new members come join us! Please contact Lauren at mainesportingdogs@hotmail.com or Marie at MSDA@live.com if you are able to donate to the supper in any way! Thanks again for all your support!

PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THE MSDA WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS!

www.mainesportingdogsassociation.com
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

MSDA Pot-luck Supper! Empty Re: MSDA Pot-luck Supper!

Post  countrygirl11 Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 pm

There hasn't been ONE inquire about our potluck supper on June 10th at the Manchester Lions Club! We were hoping that things would go better than this! Does anyone have any ideas as to what we should do about this? Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank-You
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Marie,
    I'm surprised at the response to the supper! If I was to have asked anyone two years ago, if they would join and support a club in Maine that would help stand up for their right to hunt with dogs,I'm sure they'd all would have said "SURE"! If I was to ask anyone two years ago if they would support a club that would fight for their rights in Augusta on issues presented by the anti's,I'm sure they'd all say "SURE"! If I was to ask anyone two years ago,if they would support a club that would hold bear trials across the state, I'm sure they'd all say "SURE". If I was to ask anyone two years ago if they would support a club that will pull us all together and have meetings to form a assn. that will make us united in numbers in a sport we all love,I'm sure they'd all say "SURE"......Maybe they dont want to support this club? Maybe we'll just let if fold and nothing will ever become of this and everyone will be scramble'n when the next bill is presented,Maybe no more bear trials,Maybe we'll all just talk on the computer and nothing ever get done! Maybe we'll read about what it was like when we used to be able to do this/that.
    I'M GOING NO MATTER WHAT! IF I HAVE TO EAT EVERYTHING MYSELF! I WILL SEE WHO IS THERE,AND THEN,WILL KNOW WHO'S IN IT THE SPORT AND WHO AINT!
    walkerpower23
    walkerpower23

Male Posts : 403
    Job/hobbies : Sales/ Running hounds

Post  walkerpower23 Fri May 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Thats ridiculous out of all the people we have on this website and people that those people are friends with that arent even on the site we should have a HUGEEE group of good folks comming to these events.. Seems to me people are too "busy" these days for things like this but like you said Bill what would they be doing if someone were to tell them we can no longer run the hounds on game anymore they would sit bitch and complain about it but yet they did nothing to help support the club or the sport.. I dont have a drivers license right now because of mistakes I made when I was younger but the love I have for this sport makes me do whatever it takes to make it to these events and help out bringing new people that are willing to support us! My buddy jon and pat and I drove 5 hours north with a stinky hound to the Bear trials to help support the club and to enjoy ourselves and talk with good people that are doing the same thing. We didnt have a nice truck with a fancy dog box we might of looked funny pulling up and unloading my walker out of the back of a Subaru forester but we were sure happy loading her up with her trophys she won! Win lose or draw its all about having a goodtime! I wish more people were willing to help out just a little bit instead of looking at all these posts and not saying or doing anything..AT LEAST SHOW UP TO THESE EVENTS AND SUPPORT THE ASSN!! In other states these events and clubs are HUGE!!! Whats wrong with the hound hunters up here? In my opinion I see ALOT of them that are all about themselves and act like they are better than you.. Not sure why its like that but to be honest theres only a handful of guys who have been willing to help out that I have seen..Hopefully someday people will realize that when push comes to shove we're all in this TOGETHER!! Hopefully things can get better for our club! I'll see ya there Bill and hopefully people can take a day out of there busy scedules and make it to this!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 am

Matt,
    100% correct! Glad your on board with it! We all appreciate all your doing! We understand the economy,gas prices,ect...but everyone still needs to eat! Not like we're asking for something,bring a dish and a friend and eat up! It's a chance to get together,talk,enjoy ourselves and talk issues.....If anyone needs a ride we'll pick ya up along the way.....
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 am

Well I guess that the few of us that are coming, better set a goal to bring atleast 6 people with us. Atleast Bill will have help eating the food! We agree with all that you guys have said, We will definately be there with friends and family in tow. We've been involved in a lot of things over the years and sad as it is, it's always a certain amount that do all the work, but atleast we can sleep at night knowing we did all we could. Marie, let me know what you need from me and I'll do whatever. Joy York
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm

im sorry there hasnt been much interest in this dinner your doing. i personally cant make it. ive been working 7 days a week and have had a planned four wheeling trip for that day sense january. if youd like i could make a dish and send it your way some how or if someone wants a little cash to make something for the dinner id be more than happy to send a check to that person to prepare a dish. Again im sorry i cant make it. please let me know if someone needs some cash to prepare a dish on my behalf.

corey
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 am

Corey,
    Thanks for all your support! Your willingness to always help does'nt go unnoticed....We all appreciate it!
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 am

no problem bill. i do wish i could go. just seems every time something is going on i have something else going on. story of everyones life im sure LOL. just let me know an address to send some cash to put a dish together if that would help.

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 am

Your a good man Corey! The club appreciates it alot! THANK-YOU!
    44magman

Male Posts : 313
    Job/hobbies : Running beagles

Post  44magman Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm

i plan on being there and i think norm sanderson will be with me also. i will bring something to eat and if you need anythigh else you can call me at 207-647-4086 thank you all so much for al your effort in keeping this club alive david pride bridgton maine.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 pm

This supper is a great place for everyone to get together and "brainstorm"..... Glad to hear folks are show'n up from all across the state..... Being able to get together for a afternoon,and have a bit of fun and eat good food,sure beats meeting on the capitols steps.....Also a great way for everyone to get to meet and put names and faces together......Hope everyone can make it......
    Rocky Ridge
    Rocky Ridge

Male Posts : 50
    Job/hobbies : pan am railways/ Rocky Ridge Guide Service

Post  Rocky Ridge Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 am

I'll be there! Hope there's a good turn out as good or better then the bear trials.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:28 am

was there a good turn out for the lunch?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 pm