Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+9
toby
Treesadie
oxford dogger
J.R.
pappa Bear
rich40s
DogChaser
countrygirl11
blue_ridge
13 posters

a place to post everything discussed!!!

blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

a place to post everything discussed!!! Empty a place to post everything discussed!!!

Post  blue_ridge Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:01 pm

i added this category to clear up all confusion. it seems there is not very good communication between us all in the MSDA. i dont even know if we have come up with a raffle item have we? i personally like brandon salls idea of a guided bear hunt with hounds and i believe it would appeal to lots of show members. but it seems that was either shot down or not discussed further. we can post member dues, when there due, a list of members, names of folks when they donate money thanking them, notifying everyone when a MSDAs birthday is coming up. i know we have the MSDA site but this would be a great place to add this kind of info as well. im really happy with all the members of hounds of maine and we need to stick together. i inquired about making a facebook page and was told there was going to be a phone conference about creating a facebook page! its just a facebook page!!!! i thought it would be great advertising of the MSDA and i know i can get fellas to join. i feel there should also be a list posted here of all the members so everyone knows everyone. im not starting an argument here. just want things to be more clear for all members. why would people want to join the MSDA if they have no clue whats going on! just my opinion and hope we can get things back on track. hope to see some of you at the sportsman show in augusta!!!

corey robinson
    382-3067

a place to post everything discussed!!! Empty Re: a place to post everything discussed!!!

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks Corey.. We all need to be able to communicate and know what's happening with the club if we plan on being a strong organization!! I think the facebook page would be a GREAT idea as well as posting on UKC and Better beagler forums.. We need to get the word out about the MSDA.. We need NUMBERS and I believe having people DONATE what ever they can afford to would be a good idea.. Some people might turn the MSDA down cause they don't have $25 in there pocket at the time they could have joined, but if you let people know its a donation (what ever they can afford !) that would get ALOT more memberships.(and trust me you'd be suprised at how much money people would donate) We should be taken in new members DAILY not just once a year at the Sportmans Show..It's not that hard to keep track of everyone's membership dues ..Keeping members informed via e-mail is easy enough to let them know when it is due..JMO!!
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

a place to post everything discussed!!! Empty Re: a place to post everything discussed!!!

Post  countrygirl11 Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 pm

I am writing this post just to clear some things up! Every Organization has a board of directors who make executive decisions for the association! The board of directors were chosen at the meeting in Bangor. The board members have been communicating with each other to do what is best for the raffle for the show!!! When a decision is made the association will be informed! We have discussed about raffling a hunt, which someone offered to donate, but we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be the best thing for the association. Not saying that it would happen but if the person that won wasn't happy with the hunt, we wouldn't want it to affect the associations reputation!
    Another thing, members need to understand that this association is just getting back on its feet! Everyone is doing their best to get this association recognized! We have limited funds right now and we are going down the right path, just some things take TIME! Speaking of funds, a lot of our money comes from membership dues! Now that the dues have been changed to a 3 year thing or $10/year we are not going to be taking in that much for money unless we get new members! Even then with the dues at $10/year it's gonna take 10 members to make $100. That is alot of members! The board is discussing this and will be making a decision before the show for a yearly membership only! If you think it's easy to be handed all the memberships for the year at one time and go through them and contact everyone to ask them if they want their membership to be a 3 year or family, FEEL FREE TO STEP UP AND DO IT! Not simple when some peoples email address don't work and not all provided a telephone number! MY opinion, yearly membership ONLY! This will give you income coming into the association yearly! Also, with the prices the way they are now a days with gas, food etc.. I don't think people are going to mind giving $20 for the membership!! Look at other associations and how much they pay for dues! You would be surprised!
    I had mentioned a facebook page as well earlier and that is something that needs to be discussed and will be voted on and someone will be appointed to manage the page! Maybe something that can be talked about when we have a meeting at the Augusta Show!
    With this said, everyone is doing their best right now to get things together and moving forward! I appreciated all the help that I have received! We will get this association where it needs to be, TOGETHER!!! *Marie*
    DogChaser
    DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

Post  DogChaser Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 pm

THANK YOU!

~Lauren

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Tim Farrar's the president,.. and i just got off the phone with him and he said he hasn't heard a thing about the raffles or the meeting as of today ...I'm not here to argue... i just wish the communacation was a litttle better as a member i've been given very little information about whats happening from month to month,like posting who will be manning the booth at the show ...things like that would give others an idea of what times need to be filled....I agree with the one year membership but i also believe the donations idea shouldn't be thrown out the door either its all about the numbers remember !!! once again i'm on your side

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:31 pm

HI Paul,
    I just tried calling your cell.. when you read this give me a call thanks Tim 1-207-657-7991
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Post  rich40s Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 am

i havent heard anything from anyone but not sure who would think a bear hunt wouldnt do well heck i gave a free bear hunt to a fishing derby this winter the sold alot of tickets for that and a 12 year old kid won it so next fall will be fun hunt here but think if it was me up there i would do few diffrent ones try anything to bring in money dont just do one thing rich
    pappa Bear
    pappa Bear

Male Posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : Maskwa Outfitters/ Contractor

Post  pappa Bear Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 am

I,d just like to say That I am a member, I went to the one and only meeting and voted in chair people , but I feel that I have not had the chance to be involved in in this association. If I didn't go on this site I wouldnt know anything about what is going on. Why dont we get e-mails ( for the ones that do work) keeping us up to date on up coming issues or ideas? quarterly meetings to brainstorm, ask for help, or just keep in touch? This would make me feel involved and want to continue my membership. I personaly would not stay with a club or association that just takes my money. I join to be involved and informed! This isn't happening for most of us as far as I can see. From who's input is this chair making there decisions on ???????? WE NEED MORE COMMUNICATION...... In the Association!

As far as money raising, we talked about putting on hunts etc... we have to act not just talk if we want to raise money. Memberships are not going to cut the mustard right now for income we need other avenues( meetings, brainstorming)

PS. If some one was going to complain about a free hunt, they probably won't be willing to spend $!0 for a membership.

Just my ramblings
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  J.R. Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 am

WOW
    Great idea Corey really hope this helps,seems that the msda needs alittle.
    I plan on joining but guess i will wait it out a bit, till everyones feet are under them
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 pm

i typed a big long response and i guess i didnt hit reply LOL. im not trying to start a pissing match with anyone. i just feel that if we posted a list of all the members, member dues and when there due, who donates money and etc,,, everyone would be more up to date. i think the entire organization should be kept up to date on these "phone confrences" and if you(Marie) want to send me a list of all the members ill do it. ill contact everyone. but i would need to know if were on a year to year membership officially or if there is still 3 year memberships available. even a list of times for the sportsman show would be nice to know the time slots for people working the booth. i would just like someone thats holding these phone confrences to share whats discussed on this news letter page. thats all im asking. as for me promoting the MSDA, can I promote anything about it without running it by the board directors? i dont even want to make a facebook page anymore. i KNOW i can get people to become members and I KNOW i could get some beagle clubs and other kennels to donate money but i dont want them spending there money if it doesnt get recognized. maybe give them a decal and whatever else we have to offer. do i have to run this by someone before i talk to people to join the club????????????

if someone wants to email me a list of members and as much contact info as possible and what ever else is going on ILL POST IT HERE.

blueridge_guide@yahoo.com
    corey robinson
    382-3067 701-7522
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

Obviously you guys DO NOT UNDERSTAND! In any association there is board of directors! The purpose of having a board of directors is to make executive decisions for the entire membership! The tree hounds association did NOT have a board and that is one of the reasons that it fell apart! We run the shows for the MPGA and there is 900 members in that association..the board makes the decisions about raffle items and so forth! There has been more complaining and bitching with this association than there has been in five years with the MPGA! The people that stepped up and volunteered time and energy to be on the board did so to protect hunting rights with dogs in the state of maine and build the associations membership! All this talk, complaining and what not, is going to make the board members be done!!! Noone is going to want to be part of the association! So with this being said, conference calls are for board members only and any other meetings that we have are open to all members! When final decisions are made by the board it will be known to the members of the association via "website" We have not made any final decisions YET! We have ALL been in contact with one another, including what to raffle off for the show! People need to be patient we are doing what we can!
    Also, I did post a topic about the sportsman show with the dates and time for people to contact me with what they would be able to volunteer with the booth! Only a few people have contacted me!! When I get home from shows for our personal business I am going to post the schedule for the people who have volunteered! We have created a website for this association and noone is using it! That is where information for MEMBERS of the MSDA is designated for! Referring back to what HOLLABACK said last week...there is over 200 members on this site and only maybe 75 members of the MSDA! Something doesn't make sense! As far as membership fees are concerned that will be discussed with the board to make a decision! Last year was alittle difficult with the changing of everything..this year should be easier! I planned on after the show posting the members on the "website" and the board members should be listed as well in case they need to be contacted! As far as promoting the msda you can do anything with word of mouth by being a Member! A membership form will be designed to be available to anyone and you can give them to anyone but the form along with the dues should be mailed straight to the treasurer/secretary so that everything is accounted for!
    ~Marie
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 am

I joined this group for one reason. That was/is to be a voice in Augusta and where ever else for the hound/dog hunter. The assults on our ability to free cast dogs to hunt are never ending.
    I want my grandkids to be able to listen to a hound run his game be it rabbit or bear.
    I will be talking to the other officers this week and we will post info after that.
    That info will include meeting dates/time.
    I enjoy hunting and talking hounds and I hope that love is what drives most members here.
    On another note. The last we talked I believe will will have an 870 pump for the raffle. I personally see nothing wrong with guided hunts as door prizes but the board should make that decision.
    I will be at the booth Friday all day and Sunday till closing. I will talk to any and all about what we can do to help be more visable in the future.
    I am not a facebook fan but will support it if that is what is decided.
    We probably need to get together regionally as Maine is a big state and gas is high.
    If we have not posted updated info by this time next week you can roast me on here for failure to come through.
    Happy Hunting!
    Tim Farrar
    President of this potentially strong voice for hunting with dogs,the MSDA.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:55 am

I understand!!! sounds like you guys have it under control. Thank you all for the work you do. i personally think that a guided hound hunt of any sorts would bring in a lot of money. again thats just my opinion. maybe someday we will try it. I think it would appeal to alot of people that have never hound hunted or cant afford to hire a guide. it also shows folks what we live for and fight for. i only started this section so that we can keep people informed. even simple information such as who we got the 870 shot gun from and recognize that person/business on this site and on the MSDA site. i think that means alot to folks to see that recognized. its only my opinion and if the board of directors doesnt think its a good idea then so be it. but we need more members!!!

corey
    Treesadie
    Treesadie

Post  Treesadie Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am

Obviously you DO NOT UNDERSTAND!. Who are you anyway? People want to know what is going on with this Association. Maybe if they did, u would have more members by now. Whenever I come to these threads to find out, all I see is people asking questions and voiceing ideas, but never any responces, just excuses. It sounds like the so called board of directors have their meetings in secret behind closed doors. Who is on the board? What is the website? Don't say Facebook either, because not everyone has or wants to have a facebook page. It sounds like you might be a little to busy with your PERSONAL business and the MPGA. I have been waiting to join this club for awhile, but I am not going to join something until I can see its not going to fail right outta the gate because people cannot communicate.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 am

Neutral Marie an all the MSDA board gettin smashed thats nice, this is a NEW club for everybody so we can protect our rights if it wasnt for the MSDA we wouldnt have a chance. It takes quite a critter to smash a VOLUNTEER especially ! 1 that is very busy an kills more game than any chick i ever see with 2 fulltime jobs and a 4 month old!!! TREESADIE obviously ur JEALOUS but just keep feeding those cats we all appreciate u See even i can give a volunteer credit keep up the good work
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Post  rich40s Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 am

i know this is a new thing and i know theres alot to it but in any club theres got to be meetings and diffrent things to try and raise money for the club but how many new members u think might want to join to see everyone bickering back and fourth about everything i know i havent heard nothing from anyone in this club since i joined so if its always going to be like this when my dues are due again dont waste the time asking for them because i dont want to be into a club like this rich
    toby
    toby

Male Posts : 124
    Job/hobbies : lineman for fairpoint com./MSDA Member

Post  toby Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 am

well said tom. marie if there is anything i can do to help at the show just let me know. tom too....
    doghunter.me
    doghunter.me

Male Posts : 299
    Job/hobbies : mechanic/maine guide

Post  doghunter.me Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:04 am

i think the club pres.tim farrar is right about the regional meetings.maybe when the club gets on its feet having board members or reps from different regions of the state to hold local meetings will help get more people involved.and i dont think $25.00 is too much for dues.i know other clubs are only $10.00 but if the money is going to good use and help defend my right to hunt dogs,i wouldnt care if it was $50.00.if you can afford hunting dogs you probably can afford to join.maybe throw in a window sticker and patch when people join.people will see the msda logo and ask what it is.just my two cents thanks
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:47 am

Marie, you're doing a good job. It's too bad you're taking all the blame for our issue's trying to get this club up and running. Guy's, I did get voted in as one of the comittee members at the meeting that we had in Bangor last spring. I have not been involved in a formal meeting with anyone since then. In hindsite I think that we probably should have had more meetings. There have been no decisions made by the board to fill any body in on, as soon as we have another meeting by phone or in person I'm sure that any decisions made will be made available for everyone to see. When we do have a meeting all of the issues that have been discussed here will be worked out I'm sure. We will get the dues issue straightened out so that it isn't so confuseing, We will get the show issues straightened out and If we don't have the funds to mail out news letters I'm going to recommend that we have a news letter posted on the website so everyone can see what the board has decided on. After we get past the show we will work on what we need to do next to get this club the money and the members tht we need to make us a force to be reckoned with which I believe is our goal. If anybody has any thing else that they would like discussed you can give me a call anytime at. 684-5142.
    Laneysplott
    Laneysplott

Male Posts : 108
    Job/hobbies : guide

Post  Laneysplott Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Well said scott, doghunters.me, Toby, Tomcat,ect. This is the same old problem as with any association there are all kinds off members who have great Idea's and want this and want that done but when it comes time to actually do stuff there is a handful of good people who volunteer there precios time and energy at no pay in a tough economy that actually do make a difference, If I remember right last spring everyone was up in arms but only a couple of us stepped up and tried to get this thing up and running, It is no different at the MPGA we have 900 members and there is about 20 of us who do all the work. With that being said, i can personally say for the past two weeks Marie and I have been on the road doing sportsman shows for our own buisness which comes FIRST! but we have been doing our best to keep in contact with the other directors and planning for the show in Augusta, Meeting, and raffle. In Augusta at the meeting I am issusing a challenge to all of you reading this, If you think you can do better, If you have alot of free time, If you have good idea's and dont want to just talk about them and actually do them, Then STEP UP and make a difference, at present time I can tell you that the MSDA will need to elect a new vice president and secretary, our efforts and energy will be spent and appreciated better in other area's protecting hunting rights for all off you. I remeber a few years back in augusta when the Treehound Ass'n. was in dire starights so Myself, Bob Parker, and Don Helstrom, stepped up and joined as life members, we each gave $100 to help Norm keep it going, Last year I beielve that was done again and we all still pay annuall dues just because we can see the BIG PICTURE, and know what is at stake, I hope some of you take the time to look at the BIG PICTURE, take a look at your dogs, Do you want to run them in five years?? Do you want your kids to own hounds??? Do you want your grandchildren to run hounds someday???? this senseless bickering over stupid Sh%T will get us no where, you guys want to be more informed then Step up and make a difference, I have always wanted to have shirts and stickers made that say " Run your Dogs, not your mouth!!". maybe we could incorportate that into the MSDA logo. lol!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:36 pm

To everyone with a complaint:
    WOW,I personaly cant believe what I'm reading!!!!! In just short order,we've turned a old club that barely exsisted to a club that has a board of directors,money in the bank,a website,banners,stickers,gun raffle,booth in Augusta sportsman show,and lots of dedicated member...........and hear disappointment and complaint??????? Are you folks serious?????? You belly achers should be ashamed with yourselves for given the folks that are fighting against us ammunition.........Like Paul and Marie said STEP UP!!!!! We on the board have a position waiting for what ales ya!!!!! You have free time to post all that concerns you then maybe we'll vote you in and you'll have all the responseability on your shoulders and we as members will return the favor!!!!!! Grow-up folks!!!!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU AT THE SHOW!!!!! FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:28 pm

like i said earlier, im not going to bicker and argue on a god damn message board. ive posted my email and both my phone numbers several times and NO ONE has contacted me. IVE STEPPED UP and offered to help with the member list and member dues and NO ONE has contacted me. i only wanted to help. and i only added some opinions of what i thought might help. SORRY i even bothered!!!!!! Ive offered my help and its been over looked. i fucked up awhile back and now im paying the consequences for me being an idiot. i dont feel i should be promoting this organization at a sportsman show because of what i did. OR i would be there all weekend!!! IM sorry to everyone for starting this thread and will not put another opinion on here. maybe its better for me to just donate money and not be a member.

corey robinson
    382-3067 701-7522 email blueridge_guide@yahoo.com

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Corey,
    I think we all are getting fustrated with the fact that we cant do more.The one thing that I've seen from everyones post is the willingness to have a "SUPERCLUB" . and thats everyones goal! The very last thing anyone of us want is anymore dividing amongest us. The heart of everyones issues are important and never overlooked,and we as a group bring alot to the table because of it...Sometimes fustrations are what keeps the fire burn'n. and sometimes thats whats needed to strive for better.Theres never a personal attack on anyone personally for there willingness to help,and hope thats not whats being pertrayed in any of my posts. What I would like to get out in the open is the elephant in the room with posts that show antis our weaknesses.What we all know as comments and issues that we're concerned about,they thrive on like a bug to blood! Them maggots love nothing more then to see us as a group get fustrated and hope for us as a group to fall.
    I personaly hope that we can all put our energy toward finding members to join by talking with them and discuss'n what we stand for....As far as news letters go,we just cant afford it right now......Facebook? I dont know because I'm not on it...so maybe it's a great Idea? I personally just dont have any Idea what it is or much on how it works......I guess in a nutshell to me What is most important is being a force together, and not getting devided by fustration among us all....
    Treesadie
    Treesadie

Post  Treesadie Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey blue_bawlin, I doubt what you have done in the past will affect you joining this club, if it ever gets off the ground. Don't feel bad, I haven't been contacted either. You and some others on here have spoken up and were ignored. I asked to know what the website address was, but instead all I got was some jerk spewing some trash about me feeding cats for him. lol. I personally don't have ANY time to donate, but I do have a nice monetary donation to make if it ever gets going.
    DogChaser
    DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

a place to post everything discussed!!! Empty WEBSITE

Post  DogChaser Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:43 pm

The website address has been posted on the MSDA thread on this website since April of last year. Right now the domain is being transfered so the site is 'out of sorts' but in the mean time you can visit the current site with....

www.mainesportingdogsassociation.webs.com

Lauren

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am