Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+8
DogChaser
toby
meguide01
blue_ridge
metrapper
brandon salls
HOLLABACK
Laneysplott
12 posters

"EVERYONE"

countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

"EVERYONE" - Page 2 Empty Re: "EVERYONE"

Post  countrygirl11 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Well said Lauren! We are still working out the kinks of this new organization!The assocation has between 65-70 members right now! It has been difficult for me to figure some things out due to the change of the dues we made at the meeting! Not to fond of it! It's difficult to keep track of the people that paid $25 for they now become 3 yrs or family memberships! After this years sportsman show I will have a much better handle on things. I would like to consider changing the dues back to one set fee/year before the show! Trying to keep track of who is three years and family or single year is confusing and crazy! I dont know what everyone else thinks but I would like to get the BOD together and vote on that before show time...that way everything is accounted for! Also , we have membership cards now and whoever signs up at the show can get one and save us lots on mailing them out to people! The association has roughly $1,300 right now and if the membership dues dont change we wont be bringing in much for dues money at the show because everyone that paid last year wont have to pay for three years, unless they are a family membership(which isnt many)...just some thoughts here! And as far as a newsletter every month I agree with Lauren that we just dont have the money to make one and mail it out..just yet anyway! ~Marie (Secretary & Treasurer)
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:04 am

I agree that we should have a meeting before the show, just let me know where and when.
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:11 pm

bill, i am right there with you on the pats on the back to lauren and marie as they are truly doing alot of unseen work i do think a meeting to get some necessary discusion in around the association and what is wanted by our group and needed to be completed before we present ourselves to the world at this show. i also think that members should be responsible to keep themselves informed of what is to come and also what they may want to know on our website, my thought is appointing a spoksmen or woman to answer questions and post news which may be happening just not known by all at this time. again thanks to all who are working and not seen, marie i think a yearly dues amount will be great for records keeping but we must stick to what came from the meeting in bangor and keep some record of three year members and one year members. but as for the show this year all should be only one year membership from this point forward i hope that is finalized before this show.
    pappa Bear
    pappa Bear

Male Posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : Maskwa Outfitters/ Contractor

"EVERYONE" - Page 2 Empty This could be our future if we dont join our local associations and fight for our heritage

Post  pappa Bear Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

[url=http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/02/2092061/houndsmen-will-be-able-to-chase.html]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:40 pm