Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

2 posters

Bear Referendum

Treed

Male Posts : 304
    Job/hobbies : Guide/ training hounds

Bear Referendum Empty Bear Referendum

Post  Treed Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:07 pm

What is happening with getting hunting issues of the referendum process? Last I heard the word was "It's in the works" If we don't hit it hard now, they will be back! They're getting smart. They'll bypass the baiting for now and go for hounding and trapping. I think somebody is setting on their A## when this should get done now!!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Bear Referendum Empty Re: Bear Referendum

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 pm

To the best of my knowledge nothing is getting done in aspect to a "heritage act" or "stop referendums for hunting,trapping,ect".....To my knowledge its a money issue....sounds crazy I understand, but it cost..... and if ya don't have it,ya don't have it.....Being prepared for another battle seems to be the main focus....Don't shoot the messenger..... And don't rely on this in stone either.....only going with what's been heard so far.......just saying!
    Treed

Bear Referendum Empty Bear referendum

Post  Treed Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Bill That makes no sense. Money issue? How much money did we spend 10 years ago? How much money did we spend last year? Getting ready for another fight? If it comes to that, we deserve to lose. What about SAM MGA MTA SDA? What about the Fish& Game Dept.? Where are the State Senators? Like Steve Wood. He would love to get rid of hound hunting....Just my thoughts.. I'll put money for this, but don't count on me to donate on the next referendum....Stupid is as stupid does.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:03 pm

I suggest you call connections for further information instead of posting....someone other then myself might have the answers your looking for and can fill you in on all the details that are going on behind closed doors.....Just heard they just brought fourth another bill that is scheadualed for session.....Its easy to sit back and throw insight out there and understand your frustration but I'm doing all I can as well.....everything cost!.As far as all the clubs you mentioned they are working just as hard as anyone else is and donated a lot.....everyone is rebounding and doing everything they can....But posting on this site bad vibes does nothing.....I will personally call you soon as any development comes forward, good or bad!....we need to all stay united!....I don't make the rules just trying to save our sport like everyone else......
    Treed

Bear Referendum Empty bear referendum

Post  Treed Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:12 am

I was just asking. If I knew who to call I would. I know you are more informed than most. Please call. Why aren't you out hunting anyway? You've only got 6 feet of snow. A good Mainer like you shouldn't let a little snow slow you down..
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 am

Been working 6 days a week and plowing everyday!.....wish I had more time.....I'll try calling ya again....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 am