Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

Updating your Alpha TT10 collars?

Phil Reynolds
    Phil Reynolds

Job/hobbies : Production Supervisor/ Sports and hunting

Updating your Alpha TT10 collars? Empty Updating your Alpha TT10 collars?

Post  Phil Reynolds Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:51 am

I have had my alpha unit about a year and have loved it, last week one of my collars started shutting itself off after about an hour, I caught the dog and turned it back on, it stayed on for almost an hour and shut down again, over the next several uses it continued to do the same thing. I checked the battery and it showed a full charge, and it still quickly recharges after each use. I called Garmin and they said to update and if still a problem call them back. I went on the computer and used the updater, the Alpha 100 quickly updated but I can not figure out how to do the TT10 collars. Does anyone know, all I could get was NO Device Found.
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Male Posts : 216
    Job/hobbies : electrician

Updating your Alpha TT10 collars? Empty Re: Updating your Alpha TT10 collars?

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

I have the alpha system i havent had to update any collars or the handheld yet but i would assume that you would update the collars the same way you had to on the 220 or 320's from the handheld. I know when i did my old system i had to have gps reception and pick up yhe collar before i could update the collar. Not sure if that helps you any.
    tim

Male Posts : 34
    Job/hobbies : woodsman / hunting,fishing,trapping

Post  tim Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Go to "Gun Dog Supply" they walk you thru it
    Phil Reynolds
    Phil Reynolds

Job/hobbies : Production Supervisor/ Sports and hunting

Updating your Alpha TT10 collars? Empty Updateing your Alpha TT10 collars

Post  Phil Reynolds Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 am

You actually just plug them in to your computer by using the charging clip and the web updater tells you how to do it, I did mine as my collar would shut off after one hour. It now has run 12 hours a day 2 days in a row with no issues.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 am

Does the tt10 collar flash like the older 30's showing that they have the newest update? like flashing three times?
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER
    SNOWSHOEHUNTER

Male Posts : 216
    Job/hobbies : electrician

Post  SNOWSHOEHUNTER Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 am

Thats nice to know. I would of been confused for awhile trying to figure it out. I went from a 220 setup to the alpha and really like it so far

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am