Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

Food for thought......

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Food for thought...... Empty Food for thought......

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:42 am

Hey folks! Got a Idea that wanted to run by everyone who's a member....With our club starting to hold bear trials at the differant coon clubs throughout the state,We'll have plenty of excitement with the hounds during this time that we cant train and it at least keeps us active until season opens....

One of the things that weighted heavy on my mind is a organization that a great friend of mine runs in town....It's called (Irene Chadborne Food Pantry)......

Also was thinking in what ways can we change the publics persona of what we do if this bear issue goes thru to referendum......So that got me thinking about this.....

Since at this time we have a little nest egg,and our first event will also help built our savings,that maybe next event we hold here we can take non-perishable foods as a entry fee....canned foods,rice;mac&cheese;spagetti sauce;ect......

This does two things; Brings food to families that really need it,and it is done by bear hunters in the publics eye......My friend that is the director would have the Calais advertiser there for a news article in the paper for exsposer,and any cash donations would be presented to them with a huge cardboard check from the MSDA.....This gentlemen is also willing to be in Augusta during a workshop with this great news to share with what we been doing......

With all that being said,we can leave the discression up to the hosting club where they want to direct the services to in there local area.....So the "Good Deeds" are deversified......(more speakers in Augusta also)....

Now we can say what we been doing across the state as responsable houndsmen/women......

I know that there is a ton of organizations out there that need our help in some sort a way,but figured its a great way to kill two birds with one stone.....

Getting a bunch of photos of a pick-up truck rounded over with food for a panrty,while were running dogs is a win-win......not to mention the folks that rely on this pantry to feed themselsve and family would I'm sure appreciate it alot....

Feel free to respond to what your thoughts are? This is just a idea,and needs to be run by the board,but just wanted to get everyones input?.....Feel free to call me at 1-207-271-0610 for a contact number if ya want to help the pantry in anyway,and I'll get ya the directors contact info posted on here soon as I talk with him again....
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Food for thought...... Empty Re: Food for thought......

Post  sprucemountain Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.
    tim

Male Posts : 34
    Job/hobbies : woodsman / hunting,fishing,trapping

Post  tim Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 am

GREAT IDEA
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 am

Our local rep will be there as well to present the food.She is well aware of the issues we face in Augusta and will be a super asset to us as she sees what were trying to do.....She talked with me yesterday morning and is willing to help anyway she can.....She said that Dennise Harlow has another sponser,but lacks signatures right now and hopefully this sways the public a little bit as it gets in the papers,and she cant get anymore......All we can do is fight the fight and do what we can and show what were really made of.....We all know that hound folks are some of the best natured people out there with the willingness to help....Hopefully little things like this catches on and starts to turn the publics eye......best way to deal with the anti's is beat them at what they are'nt doing.......They worry about feeding dogs when our own people are going hungry......leave it to a tree hugger to feed a dog instead of a kid......
    ihunt4u

Male Posts : 4
    Job/hobbies : Guide / Outfitter

Food for thought...... Empty FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Post  ihunt4u Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 am

GREAT IDEA-- PREHAPS WE SHOUL GET A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS WORTH OF GOODS A.S.A.P. AND START GETTING OUR NAME OUT THERE.-- WE ALL KNOW WE COULD LOSE HOUND HUNTING IF LEFT UP TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.-- NELSON
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:57 am

Nelson, I'll talk with Lauren and see if she cant print off some flyers for a drop off spot for Non-perishable food for this organization,and it can be added to the truck at the event,as the flyers get the word out there for everyone to see what we're doing also.....Plus any donations can buy more food the day of........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 am