Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

Termidor for fleas and ticks?

crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Termidor for fleas and ticks? Empty Termidor for fleas and ticks?

Post  crossroadbeagles Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Any one on here using Termidor for flea and ticks? I have a female I’m going to breed this week and was wondering if I should use this product on her, Termidor is the active ingredient in Frontline; according to frontline their product is safe for pregnant females so did i just answer my own question?
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Termidor for fleas and ticks? Empty Re: Termidor for fleas and ticks?

Post  crossroadbeagles Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 am

Here is a great link to more info if anyone is interested in this product.

http://norwester.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2008
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

Post  blackhillblues Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm definitely interested in using this product for the savings if it works as well as the frontline. I followed the thread you posted, they mentioned another active ingredient there for the product "precor". Do you use this on your dogs as well or is the Termidor effective enough by itself?
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Post  crossroadbeagles Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Black hill, as said in some of the other post it will not work quit as well as frontline since it does not have the other active ingredient which is the part that takes care of the juvenile and larva phase of fleas. I will not be using this other product and i havent herd of many others using it either. To help kick the other phases of the flea’s life cycle I plan to treat the boxes with Sevins dust and pick up a spry for the yard that is safe for pets and kids. I just ordered the Termidor SC yesterday, I will be sure to write up a review later this year after I know ticks and fleas are in full swing.
    I was reading in my book, “The dog owner’s little black book” and this is also the same product he recommended. In this book he really breaks down the savings to show how much you real save. His figures were from 2010 and he said if you were treating a kennel of 30 dogs AKA his kennel with average 50lb dogs it would cost you something like $1250 to treat with frontline if purchasing it from a wholesale site. Or close to $1500 if through a vet. But these same 30 dogs can be treated for the cost of $50.00 when using Termidor SC….Just a cool little fact lol.
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Post  crossroadbeagles Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:55 am

FYI, anyone who is interested this stuff, its a good buy right now with free shipping.

http://www.pestproductsonline.com/index.....idor+sc&x=0&y=0

bones

Post  bones Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Try the Bayer Advance Tree and Shrub it has the same ingr. just more diluted and is 12dollars a quart. I do all 12 of my dogs for two years and still have half a bottle left

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 am