Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+10
mike cross
Laneysplott
John Porter
bones
Chuck Lead
DogChaser
toby
HOLLABACK
J.R.
blackhillblues
14 posters

Bear bill...

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Bear bill... - Page 2 Empty Re: Bear bill...

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Pitter patter lets get atter...any ideas who to talk with to have it written up,and who to talk with to endorse it?
    John Porter

Job/hobbies : trapping/hounds and carpentry

Post  John Porter Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Bill-- lets get in touch with your local senator and see what he can/she can do.. I may be 1300 miles away--but Maine will always be my home...
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm

John,
    I'll burn my ear on the phone Monday morning and see what can be done....I would have thought that this would of been something someone smarter then us would have done long ago,but prime example of people waiting for someone else to do things......SAM,& MPGA,must have better connections then us to get this rolling....Very surprised it has'nt happed before this.....
    John Porter

Post  John Porter Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Bill-- keep me posted be it on this site or the phone.. I may not be in Maine but you know my stance on this crap.. I will help get the ball rolling. My understanding is all that needs to be done is a bill written then get it sponsored...
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  J.R. Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm

John Porter

Post  John Porter Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks J.R.-- saves me time looking it up and will make some calls Monday am
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 pm

That link is pretty good u click on the name of your rep and scroll down and u can see what bills they have sponsered.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks JR! Been trying to find something like that but not enough coffee yet.....lol.... Urge everyone to contact their rep and shoot this bill down...
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Here is the main page i should have put this link on also before, so here it is
    http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/reps.htm
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm

i keep finding a better link everytime i look lol.next time i wont jump the gun and put only the best 1 on lol
    http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/townlist.htm
    this is the 1 we need.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks JR......
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

Post  blackhillblues Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Something to "bear" in mind with this issue is that this past falls election swung both the house and the senate into democratic majorities. Its going to be exceedingly important to call upon both sides of the house to get this kind of legislation done. I have a friend who clerks for the republican house looking into finding someone to sponsor a form of "hunting heritage" bill for Maine. I also emailed my local rep, who happens to be a democrat, and is also a Maine guide. This kind of an attack is going to have to be hit on all fronts, and to best accomplish this we need to communicate and stay organized. Id like to propose some kind of a meeting for MSDA members and those interested in its goals and objectives to sit with a legislator or two that are willing to hear our concerns. Timing is going to be critical with HSUS already pushing their propaganda around. Today is the day to make the calls and the send the emails, not tomorrow... So lets get it done!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Derek I Agree 100%....We need the other MSDA members to voice in on this matter and set something up rather quickly.....Soon as you know what your friend finds out let us know so we can meet/act on it quickly.....Thank-you!
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:25 pm

I definitely will Bill, I think we all know where this is headed... They'll sucker punch us with the bears, quick jab the cats to set up the hook for yotes, then knock out hounding all together with our coon...
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Derek,
    They surely wont stop just at Bear.I think everyone has great interest in this with alot of great Ideas.....We need structure on getting this in order and make'n it happen.....I've had countless e-mails,pm's,phone calls with alot concerns and alot of great points.....Seems like everyone is on board with what we want, it's getting there as a group thats the struggle.....Gonna try like hell to wrap our arms around this and make something happen.....
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:42 pm

We need uncle Ted to help.he is great lol
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I agree! Wango Tango justice!...lol....bloodbrother!.....lol....Protect our heritage to seek and destroy the rugsteak beast!......lol......Go uncle Ted!.....
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am

Bill,

Just got an email back from my friend working at the state house. Hes going to check out the legislation tomorrow and see what they have planned, and find some reps that would be willing to talk with us all. He's going to give me a call tomorrow after he gets a feel for the situation. I'll let you know what I find out after I speak with him tomorrow.

In the mean time, everyone call/email your reps, we need this to be statewide!

Last edited by blackhillblues on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 am

Derek,
    Sounds good I'll pass all the info on to the MSDA and see what everyone wants to do....My suggestion would be is to hold a meeting with the MPGA,Sam,MTA,MSDA,ect.....and have a group meeting with a legislator or two and propose a bill together.....I'm sure finding a place to hold a meeting would be easy enough, even if it's standing room only.....We need all sportsmen involve in this bill and I'm not sure best way to make it all happen......I guess contact all the presidents of each club and present a time and date??????? Anyone have any better Ideas????? Want to add anything?????
    a HERTIAGE BILL is something to protect all of us,so with that in mind it would be smart to have everyone involved to be there and throw in their concerns....
    Structure is what we're missing....Everything we've all talked about is great ideas with best interests at heart,but if it's not done the right way it's useless.....Bringing things to vote and seeing what everyone wants to do the legal way thru these organizations is what we really need...Otherwise it's just a idea!......

The BEAR BILL is another issue that everyone should be aware of.....some sort of meeting would also be smart to bang heads and get on the same page with each other.....We need to support each other in everyway....Communication is key!.....Not sure what to have the focus on besides awareness to whats happening,getting prepared,and staying in touch with eachother....Getting members of all clubs to get ahold of their reps also.....Maybe each group get signatures of their own group and combind them together as this thing evolves......but one thing for certain, time is ticking......One thing it would create is buzz that all these groups have just had a meeting and joined forces to fight this bill and protect our heritage....These are personal ideas that might and might not work? Just throw'n my 2 cents out there......I'm just a member like everyone else with concern about whats happening....
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:35 am

Speaking of organization...

I was just browsing the state referendum requirements, and it says if that was the route we were to go we would need 57,277 signatures to have the “hunting heritage" idea put to the ballot.
    mike cross

Post  mike cross Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 am

you could collect alot of signatures at the sporting shows around the state this spring
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 am

Number required
    See also: Maine signature requirements
    The required number of valid signatures for both statewide initiatives and referendums are the same. It is tied to the number of votes cast for the office of the Governor of Maine in the most recent gubernatorial election. Gubernatorial elections are held in Maine every four years. The requirement is 10% of the total votes cast for governor (excluding blanks) in the most recent election (2010) as established in Article 4, Part Third, Section 18, sub-section 2 of the Maine Constitution.[4][5]

Year

Initiated statute

Veto referendum

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 am

I think only 10%........
    countryboyzguide
    countryboyzguide

Male Posts : 152

Post  countryboyzguide Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 am

well guys and gals i took it upon my self today to call a representative about putting a heartige bill through. he gave me some good news but its goin to take us all to band together to make it work. he said he will be more than happy to sponsor the bill and he will fight for us 100%. time for us all to put our skills together and make this happen. we need to find someone to write the bill up for us asap so we can get it put on this years ballot. the rep i talked to said it is one of the best ideas he has heard of to protect our rights as hunters trappers and fishermen.if we want to share our heartige with or kids and grandkids nows the time to act we can do this as a group. if anyone knows of some one who will write the bill up for us pls get ahold of me.

thanks brandon
    431-7492
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 am

Great talking with ya today Brandon and appreciate your efforts so far....Need someone that knows more about this issue then me to answer questions on the matter....Not sure if a lawyer needs to write it or not?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm