Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

who is on board

who is on board Empty who is on board

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:51 am

I'm all for an Association to represent all hunting dogs. I think it's been needed for a long time. I don't see why the Maine Tree Hound Ass. had to be sacrificed to do it. Is the Maine Beagle Ass. and the bird hunters [ AFTCA ] willing to give up there Associations in support of the Maine Sporting Dog Ass. The few i have talked to say they there glad to see an all breed Ass. and it is long over dew, but would hate to see there Ass. fold because of it. thats how I feel about the MTHA. In 2 months the MTHA went from all most nothing, to something, to gone. I was handed a membership form for the MTHA before I could write a check I was told it no longer existed. To start this new Ass. was a good thing. To take over an existing Ass. it's membership and finances then collaps it to start a new one was wrong, unless the other Ass. are on board and doing the same. Slow down guys, draw a breath.
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

who is on board Empty Re: who is on board

Post  meguide01 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:20 am

Beavercove, I hear what you say but also feel that this assn. Was out as there had been no activity for the past year I spoke to norm the past president at the sportsman show and feel he was giving up and wanted out. I feel this was not intended to hurt the sport or the assn. But feel this change was what came from the members at the show and the people who stepped up to have a say in the legislative process and to begin a process of unity for all sporting dogs in Maine, and well for those who want to protect are current sporting activities for the future.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

who is on board Empty Assn.

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 am

I personaly think it was a move in the right direction! The tree hound assn,has'nt done anything for a real long time.With joining forces along with bird hunters,rabbit hunters,coyote hunters,all run dogs that are'nt tree dogs.I get they have there own assn/clubs but so do tree hounds.Theres four in the state now that are doing well.The new club is off to a good start with members that are excited to help,with a clean slate.It's figure'n out what good causes we can do thats most important right now.Allow'n all dog hunters to get involved in a group is what we need.Trying to protect our rights and heritage is most important,not the name....

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:31 am

well said bill, i think everyone should be on board with the maine sport dog ass. its much more important for everyone who owns a sport dog to join forces, ITS NOT ABOUT THE GAME YOU CHASE.. its about our RIGHTS TO HUNT AND MAINTAINE OUR WAY OF LIFE.... i hope everyone in this state agrees that has dogs because we need the #s #s #s.....

run to catch
    run to tree
    run to shoot
    run to show

joe
    Laneysplott
    Laneysplott

Male Posts : 108
    Job/hobbies : guide

Post  Laneysplott Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Bill and Joe, you both hit the nail on the head. well said! We need strength in numbers to have any voice in augusta, we are on the right track to do so, This thing is going to take time and some work to grow but we have the seed planted, lets go with it.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 am

How do I join
    Laneysplott
    Laneysplott

Male Posts : 108
    Job/hobbies : guide

Post  Laneysplott Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Steve, the dues are $25 make check payable to Maine sporting Dog association. mail to:

Marie Laney
    po box 204
    Grand Lake stream,Me.04637

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 4:44 am

Thanks, my check will be in the mail tomorrow.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 am

Steve
    Thanks for joining. Your $25 will get you either a family membership or 3 years as an individual ,I believe.
    Tim Farrar

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 1:33 am

I haven't sent it in yet, doing it right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm