Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

Augusta today (coyote bills)

HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Augusta today (coyote bills) Empty Augusta today (coyote bills)

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:43 am

Just got back from the long ride from baileyville to Augusta.Was really dissapointed with the amount of people we had there.Dont really know what to say anymore in order to get people to show up.Alot of the bills today will affect the way we hunt,no matter what you chase.They had people that were lined up and ready, and we had empty seats everywhere.I understand that alot of folks cant afford to go to all the bills on the table,but to them folks,we cant afford not to go!!!!Very scary thoughts on the way they think,and the way they want to see things run.There train of thought is way out there.I learned today theres 73,000 + humane society member in our state of maine.Thats a whole lot of folks that think hunting is unethical.Pretty sad to see 5 people on our side,a couple from northern Maine and Allen and myself from eastern Maine.

Augusta today (coyote bills) Empty Re: Augusta today (coyote bills)

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:15 am

i haven't made it this week, been very busy, but hopefully next time, what went on today with the coyote bills?
    meguide01
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Bill I was there and did not see people either so I left, sorry that I was not there when the meeting began . Will be working on Monday and. Not able to go but will make time to go to some of these workshops. Also think the madame should network with someone who has the inside information and have a meeting to discuss issues before these workshops happen. I know this is not feasable this session but should be worked out for the future.
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Augusta today (coyote bills) Empty coyote bills

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 pm

All the bills were adressed in the same matter.Every person on there side went with the (self regulate)ploy.There train of thought is that they take care of there numbers by themselvese.They blame the deer decline because of cutting of the winter yards,and harsh winters.One fella actually said "I want to see more coyotes,they protect my apple trees from the deer".....I could'nt believe this is what were dealing with.The bills were not take'n lightly.In my opinion we wont get anything being offered.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 pm

im sorry i could not make it to this. its crazy to think these people can think that way. i guess i can see both perspectives though. my ol lady wouldnt kill any animal out there. i went to shoot a coyote last summer with her and she kicked the pistol under the seat!!! thats just her personality i guess. but save the coyotes to kill the deer to save an apple!!!!! jesus!!! come on people.

corey
    snowhound
    snowhound

Male Posts : 269

Post  snowhound Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 pm

bill you guys are up against a mountain of people that think you are a bunch of wild bandits, dont loose faith in the sport, and sometimes these whack jobs go to such extremes that they hurt themselves. maine is going through what ny went through not long ago, there is power in numbers and you have to stick together on all aspects of hunting or its gona be hard to run a dog as you know it now.you need to get your hound assc. to raise as much money as you can to have lawyers and lobbyist to go to bat for you, i know this might sound crazy but trust me you will need it and if you wait to long it will be impossible to fight the antis, all hunters need to join together, houndsmen, deer hunters , moose hunters , bait hunters , small game hunters , need to support each other to prove that you are strong and not just the few, you need to support them and they need to support you, period, and if there is bickering amongst the groups the antis are winning. i wonder how many licensed guides there are in maine? well just think if half of them showed up at these meetings and if half of there clients sent letters saying how much they enjoyed the sport and the state of maine??? organize fast or you are in for a big wake up call!!!

Augusta today (coyote bills) Empty snowhound

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:09 pm

your absolutely right
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Augusta today (coyote bills) Empty 100% right

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Chris,
    100% right.I agree.Everyone that I've talked with past couple weeks knows nothing about these bills.And if they did hear about it,there response was,"Oh we'll never loose that stuff".I could'nt believe my ears.I guess I take it more serious then others.Just keep shake'n my head wondering whats going to happen.My thought is everytime theres a bill,it's standing rm only,the state going to get the hint were fed up with all the BS.
    snowhound
    snowhound

Male Posts : 269

Post  snowhound Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 pm

bill i dont know how you guys are gona do it but the hunters the guides gotta find common ground and stick together, because once divided you are doomed, it happened here and will happen there, in the end you guys need to realize you are all sportsman and stick together, i dont care if you are a trout fisherman or a rabbit hunter or a maine guide, divided you will fall!! trust me, i am just a ant trying to make a hill in ny but i do care what happens to you guys in maine and all across the country, this isnt just a maine problem this is nation wide and we need to stick together, do you think that the humane society is just a state organization??? well its nation wide and thats how they accomplish there goals, STICK TOGETHER YOU GUYS DONT CLOSE THE DOORS ON ANY SPORTSMAN!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am