Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful

Sebago

Male Posts : 66
    Job/hobbies : Birds and bunnies

Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful Empty Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful

Post  Sebago Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:38 am

Yesterday I lost a G3 EXP collar off my beagle. It is the factory collar with a roller buckle. It's not a square buckle so the pin goes through the collar and then through a D ring and then a shabby plastic loop that slide along the collar. Shame on me for losing it as I had noticed a couple of times last year that the collar was just hanging on the pup and I fixed it. I knew it was a weak link and should have spent the ten bucks for a new collar with a square buckle to solve that issue. As you can guess it's gone. $140 sitting in in the woods somewhere.

If you have one of these collars with the plastic slide, change it out. I see the new 550 has a different collar, square buckle.
    bones

Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful Empty Re: Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful

Post  bones Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Did you have a Garmin collar on the dog too? If so follow the tracks around and use the tone button, speaking from experience LOL
    Treed

Male Posts : 304
    Job/hobbies : Guide/ training hounds

Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful Empty Garmin/Elec.

Post  Treed Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Old hunters like Bones can still come up with some good advice!
    Sebago

Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful Empty Re: Tri-tronics pro 500 collars issue, be careful

Post  Sebago Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Crap! never thought of that.
    bones

Post  bones Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:05 am

Did you end up going back and trying? The shock collar batteries usually last 4 or 5 days
    Sebago

Post  Sebago Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:42 pm

I went back Friday and spent an hour but nothing. It's two hours from home and that was the soonest i could get there. I hope everyone remembers that they stay active for a few days and will go back and look.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm