Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+6
Tree Garth
ROADKILL
HOLLABACK
Houndsman
sprucemountain
J.R.
10 posters

This is Nuts

J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

This is Nuts Empty This is Nuts

Post  J.R. Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:12 am

sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

This is Nuts Empty Re: This is Nuts

Post  sprucemountain Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:42 am

Unbelievable, I can't believe that they get away with this crap. I've always said that if you have to lie to make you're point you probably don't have one.
    Houndsman

Male Posts : 111
    Job/hobbies : Mason, Bear hunting,rabbit hunting

This is Nuts Empty ......

Post  Houndsman Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:26 am

That's crazy!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:03 am

Looks like his beard is a little brown around his mouth....lol.....I'm guessing why....all the shit coming out of his mouth...Got lots more to say but better keep it clean...That info should be given to Mr.Trahan @ SAM.....I also thought soliciting was against the law?....
    ROADKILL

Male Posts : 264
    Job/hobbies : MaineDOT/ trapping,Houndsman,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  ROADKILL Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:49 pm

That guy was a jackass! See how mad he was getting? Go Google it, LOL, Why don't he google what a clue is hahaha. Nice Job to Tim Cote for filming this clown!
    Tree Garth

Male Posts : 47
    Job/hobbies : HUNT24/7

Post  Tree Garth Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 pm

I tell you what guys, if I didn't have my daughter with me at the time I don't think I would have be as friendly to him .This guy was yelling to the people telling a lot more then what this video shows .He piped down when I approached him ..All he could say was Google it   scratch 
    ROADKILL

Post  ROADKILL Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:32 pm

No Doubt! He hadn't a clue!!! Ignorant!
    rufushunter

Post  rufushunter Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 pm

We all know this guy is a wack job....... The sad part is the suburbanites who make up most of the voting population and are uninformed believe this NUT and others like him. To bad we cant get that video on the 6 0'clock news so when people "Google" it they will see the truth
    Tree Garth

Post  Tree Garth Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:40 pm

rufushunter

They're everywhere in Southern Maine. My sister called me about 20 minutes after I got this video saying there's a woman in Biddeford asking people to sign a form for animal cruelty . Nothing about the bait, traps or hounds .She told me she walked over and was going to sign it but Didn't because she noticed at the top of the page it said (an act to prohibit trapping,baiting and hounds)
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Trying to get signatures by mis- leading folks around the holidays by saying "animal cruelty" is just what I expected from them.....Since they don't know the laws or anything about game laws in Maine they need to lie to get people to stop....Sad thing is they probably gathered a pile of signatures from doing this.......
    If everyone on this site talks with everyone they can and ask them people and close friends and family to talk with their people and so on,we might be able to get public knowlage back.....what everything boils down to is money.....As time gets closer facts will come out but to get it out there its gonna cost...We need to dig deep into our own pockets and donate to beat these idiots....come support bear trials,buy a shirt,or a hat,bumper sticker,ect....Knowing right from wrong isn't gonna be enough.....All the exsperts say money is what's gonna decide who wins this.....The antis have lots and have people that truly believe these false lies enough to stand in the cold all day and get people to sign their names......"GOOGLE IT"....Can bring up ugly things when folks go to see pics people post and coversations related to the topic....Passing out flyers will help with stats and facts for people to read and IF&W website link attached....With facts on reported nusience calls and bear related problems....As well as climbing numbers and problems with other states that tried this approach...,as well as the economical impact it will have to our state all around.....As well as mis leading groups dressed up as sheep in wolves clothing.....and a web address for top ten most dangerous $$ groups such as listed the HSUS.......
    mefishme1234

Male Posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : meatcutter, butcher, hounds, beagles, hunting

Post  mefishme1234 Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 am

yeep that's how they do it....
    trailblazer
    trailblazer

Male Posts : 100
    Job/hobbies : hunting,fishing,blueberries

Post  trailblazer Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:55 am

I told my boy to be on the look out for these people, getting signatures(he is a student at UNE, biddeford)....well he called today said there was a guy outside 7-11 in biddeford, so he checked him out,,,,,the guy said he was only getting signatures to keep people from leaving bear in bear traps for a week at a time....and that it was not about stopping any bear hunting... guess if the truth doesn't work well,just tell a non truth.......not sure if this guy was only a hired hand pushing what he was told, or that he knew what he was saying was a lie...either was it kinda sucks
    Tree Garth

Post  Tree Garth Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

That's the only reason I made this video ..TO EXPOSE THE LIE'S ..I really can't see how collecting signature's from people who think they're signing something for animal cruelty or for a bear being left in a trap for several days at a time .How is it legal for them to lie in order to get the signatures  Question 
    ROADKILL

Post  ROADKILL Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Maybe when we find these liars, we should take the time and set up camp next to them passing out the BEAR Facts and telling the truth? I haven't seen anyone up here doing this yet but I have been keeping a bunch of the fact sheets with me at all times.Just in Case.
    Oakhillhounds
    Oakhillhounds

Male Posts : 232
    Job/hobbies : Hunting with hounds and ups driver

This is Nuts Empty Idiots

Post  Oakhillhounds Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm

I didn't know we could use steal traps, and leave the Bears in them for days? I thought you had to use foot snares and was a 24 hour check line? Huh glad that guy straightened me out, just google it! Lol what a IDIOT
    Tree Garth

Post  Tree Garth Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 am

Just got a message from John Holyoke A reporter from the BDN and he was wondering if he could use the video I got .He wants to write and article about the way people are being asked to sign the petition. I told him I would need to speak with my attorney first Then I'd let him know. A few Minutes later Jeff from the SAM got ahold of me offering to have their attorney answer any questions I might have ..We'll see what happens
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 am

Keeping our fingers crossed Tim....Hope its a eye opener to anyone they approach from here on out.....
    Tree Garth

Post  Tree Garth Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 am

Well my video Made the BDN  cheers ..LOL, I was told by my attorney The video was OK no criminal charges could be pursued, But they could possibly bring a civil suit against me if they wanted to And wouldn't you know it, I got a call 10 minutes later From A person saying they were representing Mainer's for fair bear hunting and I needed to remove my video or ELSE ..So I removed it . That pissed me off and I started digging through the HSUS website that Katie Hansberry tells all her signature collectors to refer to if anyone has Questions This is a Quote from the BDN
    from Katie

( “We tell our volunteers to be polite and courteous,” said Hansberry, who said volunteers are told to refer those who have in-depth questions about the referendum to the group’s website or have them call the office.)

So when I looked up the HSUS website I pulled this up

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/wildlife_abuse/bear_baiting_fact_sheet.html#.Utlj7S8o7IU

Know, I'm really getting pissed.. I called John Holyoke from the BDN I told him it would be nice if he wrote an article that explains the differences between bear baiting and bear baying. I explained to him my concerns about how a normal person who might not know much about hunting Being Southern Maine  scratch I told him this could be the deciding factor on which way a person might vote come November.. Just think about it if you were on the fence and didn't know better and see the HSUS website I know which way I would vote ( not really, but if I was a yuppie   lol!  here's the link from today's BDN http://outthere.bangordailynews.com/2014/01/23/outdoor-recreation/be-careful-which-facts-you-believe-in-bear-referendum/
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 pm

These folks twist anything to make themselves look smart and all they do is continue to make themselves look like Idiots......Obviously they know the difference they just choose to twist the wording to try and mislead the uninformed. Unfortunately misguided information isn't against the law although it should be.. Clearly the fact that they have to lie is a sign of the desperation behind their so called fact sheet.....It goes to show the importance of knowing the difference and what we need to do to keep everyone that don't know informed of the truth.....Simply by talking with everyone and letting them know right from wrong will help tremendously....Nobody likes liars......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 am