Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

4 posters

First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13)

blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13) Empty First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13)

Post  blackhillblues Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Albion had their first event (Show only) on Saturday. I thought it was a pretty good turn out being the first weekend in March, and it was really great to see some new faces mixed in with the "regulars" Wink I was also happy to get a chance to start working with my newest addition "JAMMER" on the bench after the long winter. I put him up at home for the first time only a week ago, so I wasn't really sure what to expect at this first event, but he managed to put together a "bang up job" and came home with best in (class/breed/show) at 11 months.

Now that its "Event Season" again, it got me thinking about a thought I had last year. We have Hound Clubs active in Albion, Calais, Oxford, and Kingfield. I believe this message forum has members representing all 4 of these respective clubs. My thought was seeing if we could organize a few "point people" from each club to post up their clubs event schedule in this section of the forum and have a place for them to post results from the events as well. Just thought it would be nice to see who's doing what as the season goes along Smile
    rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13) Empty Re: First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13)

Post  rich40s Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 am

last i herd was oxford isnt haveing any bench shows because they can not get any judges to come up there because of not many dogs and there only doing couple night hunts
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13) Empty Re: First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13)

Post  blackhillblues Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 am

Oh that's too bad... I knew it had been tough finding judges for them last year, but I hadn't heard that they were only doing night hunts this year. Well hopefully they can get a member to get certified as a judge to keep the club alive, the sport can't really afford to lose anymore clubs in this region than it already has...
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:19 am

Anyone in that club that want to apprentise under me they are more then welcome......1-207-271-0610.....Club need to nominate them and get a application from UKC and Sit in with three other judges and have us sign off on there progress......Its a thankless job but someone has to do it to keep the clubs alive......
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 am

Thanks for the info Bill, hopefully someone from the Oxford region will take you up on it! Sure would be nice to build up the club's around Maine the way some of the other states have, what better way to show support for what we are trying to defend!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 am

I agree! Every club should have at least 2-3 people with a licence......In order to advance titles in your dog you need differant judges anyway.....Plus nice to mix it up a bit with differant opinions on the quality of dogs that are compete'n....I will do all I can to help anyone that want to do it......
    CoonHunter

Male Posts : 52
    Job/hobbies : CoonHunting

First Event of the year (Albion 3-2-13) Empty oxford club!!!!!!!!!

Post  CoonHunter Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 am

I herd that they did not have a club house any more and where broke again out of money!!!might be wrong was told they did not have members and some one made off with there money again!!!!Hope that is not the case!!!
    rich40s

Post  rich40s Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm

you could be very well right not sure i'll talk to the woman that runs it to find out
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 am

Any word on the status of the Oxford club? I noticed they havent posted any events for April...
    rich40s

Post  rich40s Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

woman that runs it said two hunts in may
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh alright, well at least they will still have something going on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am