Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+4
walkerpower23
countrygirl11
HOLLABACK
blackhillblues
8 posters

Fundraiser ideas!

blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

Fundraiser ideas! Empty Fundraiser ideas!

Post  blackhillblues Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:40 pm

I thought it would be nice to start a thread to see if there were any thoughts/plans for upcoming fundraisers for the MSDA?

The other day I was browsing the photo of the month contest thread and the pictures from it, which got me to thinking about an idea of a MSDA 12 month calendar. The MSDA could take open submissions for the first year, but perhaps have it be a collection of the winners from each month for the following year? I know there are a countless number of printing companies online that have a pretty quick turn around for this type of product, and the prices are pretty cheap when ordered in bulk. Could be a fun way to get the voice of the MSDA out there!!! Just an idea for now, but let me know what everyone thinks!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: Fundraiser ideas!

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Derek,
    I think thats a great Idea! We'll see what others think? Thanks for strive'n to help the club with thoughts and Ideas to help!
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm

No problem Bill!

If the group decides to go forward with it I'd be more than happy to take on the responsability of editing the photos and developing a layout for the calendar. Also another idea I had rolling in my head was sponsors, whether it be guides, outfitters, breeders, etc. Hopefully we can get some feedback soon that will help this idea take on some direction!
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Derek,
    All great Ideas! I think it's going to boil down to how much things cost/return/profits at this point....Where we're slowly getting started again this might just be what we need! These would be great selling point at the events and sportsmen show in Augusta.....I also know we were talking about hats and possibly shirts at some point.....But as ya know money is key and how much we want to spend is up to someone smarter then me......Keep the Ideas come'n.....
    countrygirl11
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Great idea...lets esitmate what the cost could be and then go from there...just a rough cost would be ok...if we can profit from it than Im in..we need more money than what we generate from memberships...and we all know that it cost money to make money Smile
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok, I think there are a couple ways to try and fund it, the msda could front the money, purchase the calendars and then sell for profit, or you could try to secure sponsors via advertising space which could be used as the initial purchase money creating in theory 100 % profit of sales!
    walkerpower23
    walkerpower23

Male Posts : 403
    Job/hobbies : Sales/ Running hounds

Post  walkerpower23 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Good ideas Derek! Glad your stepping up and trying to keep things together w the MSDA. Its all about money everyway ya look at it but if we don't start doing things like this we will only have memberships and donations. I think its a good idea to start looking at other ways to come together and increase the money in the msda account and increase members. You gotta start somewhere...why wait until they are trying to shut down hound hunting on bear to try and get the club together shouldn't we be doing things to support and expand the msda year round? I know it takes teamwork and dedication but every member on this forum should help and support this assn. And sport that we all love in any way that they can. Moneys not everything I know its a big part but I think if we can
    get everyone working together on things that will help the club will be just what we need and money will come in as its needed. People will feel better about putting up money or sponsering us when they see how well we are put together....just my 2 cents.. ill def help in anyway that I can! Thanks Matt
    sprucemountain
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 am

Great Idea.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 am

i like the calendar idea! ill help any way i can
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 am

I'm glad to see the positive response so far! Since it looks like this is something people are going to want to do, we should probably start gathering up some photos for the calendar, that way we don't get slowed down by having the product not ready to go when we get the financing piece figured out...

Can one of the admin start a submission area where we can start compiling images to consider for the proposed fundraiser? That would be a great help, thanks!
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 am

that can be done. you mentioned earlier maybe using the photo of the month contest winners? does everyone think thats a better idea or do we want to add a submission page for this cause only and who ever can place them in the calender? it all works for me, just let us know.
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm

The only reason I thought of a submission page for this calendar is because I dont think we will have enough photo winners to cover all the months! It would also be nice to select pictures from the submissions that people would generally associate with a particular month, which is maybe something that could be talked about for next year with the photo of the month contest? I like the idea of having the monthly winners carrying over to the calendar, but I definitely think we need to work that out in the second issue after putting some thought into some "monthly themes". Thats my thought, what does everyone else think?
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

All great Ideas! One thing that comes to mind is supporting all the types of members we have....The 12 months might wanna be covering the seasons of whats being persued.Since we have a variety of Types of hunting maybe every type should have a photo section.....Bear,Bobcat,Bunnies,Coyotes,Birds,ect.....Wanna keep everyones sport at the same level.....
    What about putting all photos submitted in calender so nobody feels left out? I know it would be a nightmare to put together but folks are more apt to buy it if their own photo is in it? Kinda like a puzzle of pics?
    Just some of my 2 cents,I wont feel bad if it's a terrible Idea,been wrong before and will be wrong again I'm sure....lol....(Plus I aint had enough coffee yet).....lol...
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Post  blackhillblues Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I was thinking along the same lines as you Bill with the months following the game being pursued. I also like your idea of including all pics, its just a matter of getting enough/not too many for such an undertaking, and having the time to make it into "something".

You actually used the work "puzzle piece", I actually think thats something that can be done with a template I have seen, you layout photos in a grid and overlay a puzzle and trim the photos to fit, it looks pretty cool, would that work?
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Derek,
    I'm not sure anyone wants to take direction from me...lol..I'll dig the hole with a shovel....lol...My Ideas are sometime way out there,but was trying to get everyone in on it! As long as I'm The biggest pic every month I'm good!...lol....
    I sometimes have a way of confuse'n things,that are simple....lol...Hahahahhaha......Keep the Ideas come'n.......
    lucky11
    lucky11

Job/hobbies : ups driver/hunt,trap

Post  lucky11 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 am

How about some sweatshirts?Would like to have a couple msda hoodies to sport around.
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:10 am

sorry i havent gotten the page on yet for the photo submission. it is a good idea and as soon as i get some free time i will get it on here. things are crazy here. anyways. we will get the page on as soon as we can. thnaks for the patience

corey

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 am

if you guys need a print shop my step father pretty much co owns Maine Printing in warren and they are pretty decent price wise. he does the art work to if u have ideas and no way to put them on a screen. just figured id offer a place to help. just let me kno what u think.
    DogChaser
    DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

Fundraiser ideas! Empty Shirts

Post  DogChaser Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 am

I have been checking into shirts, long sleeve and short. I've been trying to make sure we get the best price possible and as soon as we have a definite answer we will make sure to get a count of who wants one Smile

~Lauren

Any fundraising ideas can be directly e-mail to me, the fundraising chair for the MSDA at stratton05@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm