Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

+13
New Leaf
toby
blue_ridge
NorWester
oxford dogger
old timer
crossroadbeagles
kshields39
cnile14
blackhillblues
Bsylvester89
HOLLABACK
J.R.
17 posters

Some rules everyone will have to follow

J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

Some rules everyone will have to follow Empty Some rules everyone will have to follow

Post  J.R. Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 am

Ok guys and girls,gonna add things as we think of them lol.
    this is to get the possible anti's that might be following on this site a bit more of a challenge.

Rule #1-when u join the site u must fill out your profile dont have to use your real name but the rest will need to be filled out.And if u have not filled out your profile by now plz go threw it and do so

Rule #2-you must also go to the introduce yourself forum and post about yourself.Dont have to go into depth but give us an idea where your from and the style hunting you do.

Rule #3-you must post on this site atleast 1 time each month "and LOL dont count"

If you dont follow the rules you will get kicked of the site.will be banned useing your I.P. address.

Sent out an E-mail to the members that have never posted anything since they joined this site to warn them of the chance the will get deleted with-in the next 5 days

Any other ideas guys/girls feel free to post here.

Last edited by J.R. on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Some rules everyone will have to follow Empty Re: Some rules everyone will have to follow

Post  HOLLABACK Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 am

Great Idea!
    Bsylvester89
    Bsylvester89

Male Posts : 27
    Job/hobbies : ME Guide, UPS driver, Trapping, and Running Dogs

Some rules everyone will have to follow Empty just putting it out there

Post  Bsylvester89 Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:07 am

I will be on a deployment for the next year in Afghanistan, not certain i will be able to post something every month. But enjoy reading all the stories and seeing the pictures of back home. Please dont kick me off the site.

Thanks, Sylvester
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Some rules everyone will have to follow Empty Re: Some rules everyone will have to follow

Post  J.R. Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:13 am

Your profile looks good so you should be all set.The website does alot of the sorting out when u pick certain things.but will be very carefull on doing this.
    blackhillblues
    blackhillblues

Male Posts : 198
    Job/hobbies : Teacher / Coonhunting

Post  blackhillblues Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:25 am

Great idea J.R.!!!
    cnile14
    cnile14

Male Posts : 410
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and cattle

Post  cnile14 Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Good idea
    kshields39
    kshields39

Male Posts : 289
    Job/hobbies : Utility Construction Manager / Hunting & Fishing

Post  kshields39 Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Sounds good to me...maybe we'll have more interaction between the houndsmen on the forums.
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 am

Works for me Jr, one thought. we all can think back to around this time of year last year and think of a few dedicated indiviguals but after march.ish they fade out for the summer and hit it hard again around kill season, i think these people should be accounted for before deleting. If that was a bit hard to fallow PM me and ill share a few names that come to mind.

any how, i like that you have pushed this through and are making a differnce in protecting us hounds-men and women!!!

Thank JR and Corey
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:35 am

Dont get me wrong, anyone on this site that has contributed in the past will not get deleted.We are not gonna take someone that has lets just say 25 posts or 35 posts and just delete them.We understand that work and personal life can take you away from the site for months to a time.This is gonna target the people that join this site and dont post or fill out the profile page,and always snoop around here and never say a word to no one.
    old timer
    old timer

Male Posts : 467
    Job/hobbies : semi retired

Post  old timer Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Sounds good to me even though I don't post much.
    oxford dogger

Post  oxford dogger Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 pm

It would not hurt to mention who on the site you hunt with in the profile.
    NorWester

Male Posts : 65

Post  NorWester Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 am

Has there been an incident that has got you guys re-assessing forum security?
    blue_ridge
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:21 am

bare with us. if anyone has any suggestions on how to regulate the antis let us know. i have friends that signed up on here and never posted. so if the regulars on here have friends that like to read on here and occasionally post or just dont post at all, please send a private message and let us know who it is, and just have em fill out there profile. there hasnt been any problems yet but anyone on here can save a picture to there computer and i dont know how to change that. one wrong picture, one wrong comment can feed the anti groups. obviously im not one to talk seems my case is probably in all the anti groups hands at this point. we just dont want to see anyone get screwed or any more restrictions placed on the sport we all love. happy hunting!
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:49 am

Its a learning curve trying to get this figured out.But i did go threw and make it so guests couldnt look at all of our hunting forums where they can take pictures or videos of this site.
    cnile14
    cnile14

Post  cnile14 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:23 am

Great idea on not allowing guest to look at certain parts of this forum. I'm a member of the Vargy's website and had to get vouched for From a contributing member of his site (thanks Tim) to get in because of trouble he had with anti's using pics and stories. It may be our right to hunt but this is a way to protect our pics and stories from falling into the wrong hands and fueling the fire.
    toby
    toby

Male Posts : 124
    Job/hobbies : lineman for fairpoint com./MSDA Member

Post  toby Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 am

J.R. dont delete me just because it would be funny, i know where you live.lol,lol,lol
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 am

wouldnt ever think of it lol
    New Leaf

Male Posts : 305
    Job/hobbies : hunter.

Post  New Leaf Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 am

I've seen friends of mine on anti sites and they have no idea they are.They use our pictures and make things up to make it as bad as they can.If anybody has more ideas how to stop it let's hear em.Oxforddogger has a good idea.Post your hunting buddies which will help with most except of course the lone hunters.A hunting pic in your profile with a change now and then will help.We know there's no sure fire ways but anything is good.
    cnile14
    cnile14

Post  cnile14 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 am

I'll vouch for ya Travis I know u ant no anti
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Post  J.R. Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 am

problem solved.lol
    Ok guys and girls like rabbithunter we understand some dont like to post. so if you know someone on this site that is an active member have them vouch for u like cnile14 just did for rabbithunter.Fill out profile and just go introduce yourself all these thing will work for u.
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:33 pm

rabbithunter wrote:Hey thanks I understand whats going on and are with you(US)and support any rules needed to protect the site.Oh yeah im pretty impressed with myself,I just posted twice.Maybe I just need a fire lit under me.P.S.Thanx Carmine.

Travis welcome to the site, good luck rabbit hunting this year maybe well cross paths some time.
    kffd17n10
    kffd17n10

Male Posts : 31
    Job/hobbies : Shipper - Dad - Hunting

Post  kffd17n10 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 pm

I like the idea of vouchinig for someone else. My friend (username "sweaty" .....dont ask lol) is on here but doesnt like to post. We ( hunter, gone gunnin, and myself)rabbit hunt a lot, and have put up several pictures. It's just he is not very computer savy. So the idea of vouching for someone is simple and seems to work well. Thanks! Have a good hunting season and everyone stay safe. Tim.
    mainecathunter
    mainecathunter

Male Posts : 126
    Job/hobbies : cat and bear hunting

Post  mainecathunter Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Sounds like a fine idea. Keep up the good work.
    kshields39
    kshields39

Male Posts : 289
    Job/hobbies : Utility Construction Manager / Hunting & Fishing

Post  kshields39 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:25 am

Tom Bowie has applied to be a member on the site... I'll vouch for him. I've hunted with Tom over the years and he's definitely not an anti. Good luck Tom look forward to reading some of your stories!

Post  Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 am

JR i like the rules. u kno what fires me up when its brought up... Anti- Houndhunting! if they think its so bad why were the dogs bred for??? because they are "pretty"? sound cool? they would chop howl or bawl if they were just pets. i had an anti walk up to me at walmart this past summer. "wow thats a beautiful dog u got there"(my bluetick) and i told them shes a lazy coon hound. "oh u hunt with her?!?" "to bad to hurt a nice dog like that." i just lit up. and told them go pet a poodle if they dnt like it.... well in good terms anyway. but if u hav a hound that dnt hunt or u cant hunt for a period of time they go half nutty or just turn on ya. i dnt kno i dnt have the patience to be nice to the anti's.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm