Hounds of Maine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hounds of Maine

3 posters

how old before u wouldnt breed a female

J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

how old before u wouldnt breed a female Empty how old before u wouldnt breed a female

Post  J.R. Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 am

just wondering what u all think is to old to breed a female beagle.
    i have a 9 year old she is in good shape not fat at all good running shape and healthy as heck no issues with her since i bought her 6 years ago.
    she has the blood i like and am getting a male that has the other blood i want for a cross just wondering if i should or shouldnt breed her
    HOLLABACK
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

how old before u wouldnt breed a female Empty Re: how old before u wouldnt breed a female

Post  HOLLABACK Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 am

My opinion is if she's doing well with no issues then your fine......Age is always a concern but health is what counts.....Good luck.....
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Admin

Male Posts : 761
    Job/hobbies : owner/operator trucks/hounds,MSDA MEMBER!

how old before u wouldnt breed a female Empty Re: how old before u wouldnt breed a female

Post  J.R. Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

this would also be her first litter ever
    crossroadbeagles
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 pm

The first litter part is what gets me thinking, one thing i would do before breading her is run her or exercise her quite a bit before breeding. I would not hesitate to breeding her with your stated health and over all of the dog. But with her age comes fatigue this making labor much more difficult, with her being in good running shape will defiantly help 10X. Plus if you don’t breed her than you will always be wondering what if. Other than some exercise I would get a shot of oxytocin spelling? This helps the dog’s contractions.

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I think your dog is ready for breeding already. She can still have pups with but as long as there are no complications or disease present.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am